BBC The One Show

by KW13 12 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Just Watched the part about Jehovah's Witnesses - it was very brief and didn't go to any side, very neutral, possibly more positive than negative. Anyway after they showed that; i got in contact and offered to share my experiences with someone from there as they asked for anyone interested in doing so, to get in contact.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do the same!!!!

bbc.co.uk/theoneshow and get in touch!!

Without being rude, honest accounts are best so any lurking ranters think twice as you may do more harm than good. If you've been genuinely hurt, show it in the correct way and we may make a big impact.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I saw it..it was nicely done.They came accross as just a bit annoying and not the monsters many make them out to be.

I was glad it was balanced.Thought the elders wife looking adoringly at hubby was a bit cringey tho.

• happehanna
    happehanna

I saw the programme too, knew the family interviewed and they are lovely people but she is a typical stepford wife.

I know from when I lived in devon and south east that the BBC does have producers that are JW's hence the positive slant on the one show and the website coverage on the beeb.

Daughter said that Lorraine Kelly on ITV has taken strong opposite view but not seen it for myself

I shall email one show tomorrow

• anglise
    anglise

A very short view from the loyal JW perspective only.

The father totally evaded the question as to children and blood.

I dont know if this sort of show actually has the cahunas to give an honest coverage on this topic.

The programme website needs lots of concise feedback which might help redress the balance and save lives

http://www.bbc.co.uk/theoneshow/contact/comment.shtml

Anglise

• anglise
    anglise

Just posted this to the show:

Well done for airing this topic.
    Sadly I felt that the coverage was rather lightweight considering that people die because of this belief.
    It's followers spend every free moment knocking on doors attempting to persuede others to do the same.
    A JW knows that if they succumb to medical advice and have a transfusion they will be deemed by the congregation to have dissociated themselves from their religion. The consequences of this are horrendous. They will be totally cut-off from any contact with their JW family, friends or work collegues.
    They will be ignored in the street not even a greeting is allowed. They can attend the meetings but have to sit at the back and only the elders are able to talk to them-no one else can. This can go on for as long as the local elders take to be convinced of repentance., then a reinstatment may take place.
    If that person decides that for them a transfusion was right and so never "repent" then their whole way of life is gone.

Families are being torn appart by such a cruel regime.
    Not part of the happy smiling "Live forever on a Paradise Earth" that the JW's like to promote.
    I was a JW for 20 years.

http://www.ajwrb.org/

• anglise
    anglise

Please try and add a comment

Anglise

• Gill
    Gill

JWs appear such 'nice' people on the surface, don't they.

Scratch the surface and you soon discover you're dealing with 'white washed graves!'

I would love to contact 'The One Show' but have promised a relative to 'behave' and not do anything that might get me DF'd until after their wedding, otherwise 'The One Show' would receive an ear bashing and a half......nicely of course!

But why are these 'lunatic fringe cults' receiveing such air time?

Maybe there really are too many directors and producers on the BBC who happen to be JWs and therefore I will not feel able to reveal what they ask for, name, address, postcode etc.

• KW13
    KW13

The One Show mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses again today, saying that the Feature provoked massive response; WELL DONE GUYS!!

They had a couple of people from the NHS who basically disputed what one elder said 'worldwide medical experts are discovering bloodless surgery isn't necessary and there are better alternatives' or something to that effect.

Main response was; Witnesses aren't Christians.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

I have sent in my comment to The One Show.

Basically to say that I was a JW for 20 years.

Was in the "blood issue" dilemma with my daughter more than once and so now first hand the hell it plays with your mind!

No longer a JW

That to consent to a blood transfusion is taken as an automatic diassociation, ie shunning, life falls apart.

That in law every adult with capacity has to make own decisions regarding healthcare without undue pressure or influence. Therefore how can the threat of disfellowshipping/disassocation enable an adult to exercise that legal right?

Is this religions belief? Or emotional blackmail and mind control?

Enjoying freedom

A potted version!

• Gill
    Gill

It's good to see that programmes like the One Show are willing to pick up on the JW 'problem'.

The young mum of twins bleeding to death for no good reason has upset many people. Perhaps she will not have died completely in vain if it forces the hands of doctors to not stand back and allow a patient to commit suicide in the name of a book publishing company!

Would a doctor or even a sensible government have stood back and allowed the Jonestown victims to just drink the Kool Aid without trying to stop them or save them? No! The same should go for Jehovah's Witnesses who are the unwitting victims of a viscious and cruel hoax of a religion and certainly a mind control cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit