Time out ....................................

by nicolaou 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

catching fireflys...you just don't see many of them anymore do you?

• gravyman
    gravyman

...Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, mmm?

Marvellous....

Ron Manager

aka

gravyman

• Escargot
    Escargot

Wow, I think this is why I drive the old, “feel good” vehicles. I drive a 1967 “split window” VW bus. Hula girl on the dash.....it is a great feeling just cruising down the road.........My backup car is a 1970 VW Karmamm Ghia....same feeling, brings back the good ‘ol days.

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• Angharad
    Angharad

Great post Nic

You forgot Top Trump playing cards! - I had the dinosaur ones

• joelbear
    joelbear

I'll add.

Hot Wheels
    Climbing trees
    Tire Swings (Love the Jimmy Buffett song Tire Swing)
    Dirt Bomb wars
    Creepy Crawlers
    Throwing stuff up in the air to watch the bats dive after it.
    Hide and go seek at 9pm in the summer
    Running around the huge oak tree at my grandpa's house
    Underground forts
    eating plums and grapes and blackberries that grew in the wild.

Do kids have any fun these days?

Joel

• ISP
    ISP

Nice one Nic!

Childhood memories are fun! But I don't subscribe to every thing being great and better! Remember school fights! One school would fight another!? Don't seem to hear that so much of that now.

Being terrorised as a 'first year'.

Changing school and being the 'new boy'.

The 'nit-nurse'!

I was never conscious about clothes until I was about 10 or so...and then I realised that other kids were dressed better than me. Lived in houses with gardens and had good holidays!

When did the 'gloss' come off for you Nic?

ISP

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thanks for your comments guys!

It's the sort of 'trip' that could last for ages. What about conkers? Can any of you beat my twentytwo'er?

Who could forget Scooby and Shaggy, Hong Kong Phooey or the Hair Bair Bunch?

Probably best to put this one to rest. What got me started was shelling out £240 for my son's PS2 yesterday. He's got a TV and PC in his room and loads of other stuff my Mum and Dad could never have afforded to give me - but you know what - I looked at my boy and felt sorry for him because he'll never have what me and my brother had!

Yes Joelbear, I think Kids do have fun these days (in-line's, boards, video games etc) it's just different is all.

Nic'

Oh yeah! What about clackers?! And playing 'knuckles' with a full deck!! Aaaaah, the painful memories come flooding back.

http://www.do-not-call.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit