Childhood fears

by beksbks 26 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sure this has been asked, but is there anything that you were horribly afraid of as a child, that you most likely have gotten over since?

I was just watching X-Files, and there was a Spontaneous Human Combustion scene. That was one of my big fears as a kid once I heard of it. Along with Volcanoes, Leprosy (I saw a movie called The Hawaiians) and of course Demons.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Demons

The dark

When I stopped believing in demons, I was not affraid of the dark anymore.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I was honestly terrified of demons.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah, Stephen King has nothing compared to the WTS. Their teachings are a lot scarier.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I assume you were both witnesses in your youth? I was, and I'm telling you I would lay there in bed as still as I could be, sweating, sure that there were demons all over the place. I had some floral curtains that were evil when the moon shone through them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I assume you were both witnesses in your youth? I was, and I'm telling you I would lay there in bed as still as I could be, sweating, sure that there were demons all over the place.

Yep.

That even followed me into adulthood.

Now the demons are afraid of me.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Goodnight kids. Don't let the bedbugs bite (my sister had me worrying over that one many a night)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yes, I was a very phobia-ridden young child.

The sound of motorcycles.
    The sound of vacuum cleaners.
    The sound of garbage disposals.
    Mister Spock.
    Spiders.
    Skulls.
    Mooses.
    Ships.
    The street light outside my window that looked like an big eye.
    The World Trade Center (Twin Towers).
    Armageddon.
    I could probably double the list if I thought more about this.

BTW, I still have a few more childhood phobias that haven't gone away yet. And I ain't gonna tell you what they are, for my own good!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

mother

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

TV Sets - I'll tell you why: once upon a time (the story was told) there was a brother who had a TV. It broke, and he had the new neigbr a couple doors own repair it. Little did he know - dah dah! - the neighbor's wife had an ouija board that she used to talk to the dead. Well, the brother got his TV back, with DEMONIZED PARTS in it, and every time he tried to watch it, a human arm came out of the screen and turned the set off! Moral: don't have anything to do with anyone in the world, you never know what they've been up to. I can't get that story out of my head...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit