I'm a useless Apostate :(

by NewbieGirl 22 Replies latest jw friends

• NewbieGirl
    NewbieGirl

I've been lurking here for a while now, posted a handful of times, but this board has had a profound effect on me.

I have just finished reading COC which I would never have even heard of if it wasn't for this board.

Anyway, in light of everything I have learned here, I have been waiting expectantly for the next unsuspecting JW's to knock on my door, just so I can er, 'enlighten' them.

About 15 minutes ago, just that happened. I answered a knock on my door to be confronted by two JW's. One of them I remembered vaguely from a neighboring cong, and the other was someone I knew pretty well from my old cong.

So what did I do? I just STOOD THERE. SMILING AND NODDING. What a cop out!!! I can't believe it!! Okay so one of the women (the one from my old Cong) always used to put the fear of god in me anyway but thats no excuse is it??

They did the party line; "Recent events show just how close we are to the end of the system blah blah blah blah..." And I just stood there and didn't say a word.

Oh well, back to the drawing board! I think I need to spend a bit more time here in preperation for the next time!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Newbie Girl,

You're not useless! Well, not any more or less than any of the rest of us evil people here, LOL.

Your response "smiling, nodding" was perfectly appropriate for the occasion. Why? Because of what you next said, that they gave you the party line "we're near the system's end, bla bla bla". These people are programmed to instantly reject anything negative that might be brought up about the WT Society, because after all, it's the absolute truth, right? [8>]

The only people who might listen to you are those considering the JW's but not firmly entrenched, or those who are on their way out and looking for backup as to good reasoning why they're doing the right thing. To use logic and reasoning on anyone else (especially dyed-in-the-wool JW's) is probably just a waste of time.

Be glad though, that you read and absorbed the information in COC for yourself. It surely threw a huge amount of "new light" on the organization for many of us.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

NB,
    I wouldn't worry about it. I don't know what your background with the witnesses is, but I have found that trying to reason with them is useless. They are completely brainwashed and will have a ridiculous argument for any valid point you may bring up!
    Keep your chin up, it was probably the best thing you could do under the circumstances!
    TW

• logical
    logical

I'm useless.

If you are anything like me, which you are most likely not, then you are useless. But nobody is like me, nobody is as stupid or pathetic or evil as me.

You're not useless.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Goph,
    Great minds think alike!
    TW

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

My signature says it all ...

"Proper preparation & planning prevents piss poor performance." - Awul Dasfilshabeda and Nowaynayda Zheet

• Gopher
    Gopher

Haeriticus,

Does your signature line really apply to THIS situation, as described by NewbieGirl? No matter what sort of wonderful "performance" of logic she would have put forth, those JW's would have turned a deaf ear to it.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Gopher

All I know is that I intended to reply to NebbieGirl's passage: "I think I need to spend a bit more time here in preperation for the next time!" Whatever the outcome would have been I sense that she felt being unprepared.

Wheter this old saying is here proper or not has to be judged by others not me. This is of the decent ones I recall in english and I just like it. Also it is a constant reminder as to my english.

"Proper preparation & planning prevents piss poor performance." - Awul Dasfilshabeda and Nowaynayda Zheet

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Awwww, don't worry about it. I've been out for 10 yrs and the best I came up with when they came to my door was "I'm not interested". I felt so lame.

closer

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

closer

Living in next to backwoods helps but those three calls I have had for past ten years I have mentioned my DF status and the young lady witnesses disappeared in no time at all. This does not count an elder telephoning me and us having two lenghty conversations about my possible reinstallment (whatever is the proper term).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit