Comments You Will Not Hear at the WT Study (11/12 GOD'S PURPOSE)

by WT Comments 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

I never knew angels can read heart conditions, did you????

• jgnat
    jgnat

I blame my husband *sigh*. He has to come in here and blast me about the "uselessness" of philantropic activity. Huh. I see red. As if. He just got one of my premier verbal barrages. At the conclusion of my rant, I told him that one Watchtower article does not make him an expert on philantropy. I told him he has to read the biographies of at least six prominent philantropists before he walks in here and tells me that their life mission was "useless". I gave the example of Henry Ford, whose foundation, still flourishing sixty years after his death, contributed $500 million in a single year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philanthropy

http://www.fordfound.org/about/mission2.cfm

How much will he be contributing to the world good, sixty years after his death? If field service is his greatest mission in life, will his contribution even survive his own death?

He's changed the subject. Tells me I sound just like Onacruse (Larry). I'll take that as a compliment.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

P7 ]" Jehovah promises to give us the necessary strength to do his will, but we must not push ourselves beyond our limits, trying to do things he does not expect of us."

So what is their answer in P8? Somebody called Ji Hye had the problem and ....she cut back her secular job and gets by on less so she can still PIONEER , how wonderful.......

P17} "Why squander your precious life on the fantasy world of Satan's system? Not far in the future when the "great tribulation" strikes, material riches and worldly positions will be worthless "

OK , so who is livng in a fantasy world? Who lives for the pipe dream of a paradise where you live forever among friendly lions and tigers? Who has squandered their life and resources for promises that still show no sign of fulfillment? Who is living on a basic pension because they failed to provide for an old age that they were told they would never see? Who can see their worldy relatives much better off because they worked within the "fantasy" of this system ? Who has believed "Artfully contrived false stories" ? 2 Pet 1.16

Btw, it is is still "Not far in the future"

A couple of gripes though

1} should not the thread refer to November 18th ? If i am right then the backwards way that Americans write it would be 11/18 ?

2) That pic of "Rutherfords Cadillac" came from an Awake article on motor cars. There is nothing in the text to connect it with Rutherford . I suppose the man standing by it in the pic looks a little like him, but so do lots of people ...

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    For example, suppose that we called on a few homes and found no one who seemed interested in our message. After we leave, the householders might talk about our call for hours or days, even where no one opened the door to us! We do not expect that everyone who hears the good news will respond favorably, but some will. (Matthew 13:19-23) Others may respond later when conditions in the world or in their life change.

JW,s are the center of the universe in their own minds. People "in the world" don't give a s**t about JW,s.

Can you pursue God's purpose by choosing the full-time ministry as your career? If so, you are sure to receive many blessings.

Yeah, about that full-time ministry career could I get some details on the compensation package and benefits you offer?

Let me guess - paradise retirement soon, excellent health benefits, many blessings, blah blah blah.............

Enjoyed your review thanks

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Great commentary! Thanks for all your hard work!

GGG

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

This study was a hell of a one to sit through...upsetting at every turn. Thanks WT Comments, for your spot-on analyzation.

Also, thank you Snakes for revealing how the Bethel boys make sure money gets to Mother.

• WT Comments
    WT Comments

QUESTIONS FROM READERS (What do you think, should this become a regular feature of WT Comments?)

1) Should not the thread refer to November 18th ? If i am right then the backwards way that Americans write it would be 11/18?

2) That pic of "Rutherfords Cadillac" came from an Awake article on motor cars. There is nothing in the text to connect it with Rutherford. I suppose the man standing by it in the pic looks a little like him, but so do lots of people ... -BluesBrother

The dates on the header refer to the entire week assigned to the Watchtower studies. The weeks run from Monday to Sunday (this week is "November 12-18" for example). The date format used is based on the English version of the Watchtower.

Regarding Rutherford's Cadillac, he actually had two models. The car pictured was yellow and garaged at Beth Sarim in San Diego. Another convertible sedan was kept at Brooklyn for his personal use. I have included another photo to corraberate the Awake! photo. --ED

• Robert222
    Robert222

thank you WT comments for the article and excellent analysis - i like the way you bring up the self hypnosis angle the JWs use. It is true, the meditation, closing your eyes, picturing events or scenes, the so called prayer and meditation is self hypnosis and it does work providing you are faithful to it. Once you stop then your emotions begin to emerge and that's when the fog starts to clear in your brain.

Also another disturbing thing, as Blondie used to point out, where is Jesus in this discussion? Just bizarre how Jesus hardly exists in JW world and don't the annointed believe in heaven they will be co rulers with Jesus, not in subjection to Jesus? Just amazing the claims they make.

This article is just more proof the sinister governing body is attempting to turn the young and impressionable into this life of recruitment and sending money to the GB so they can be fat and lazy and lead a life of comfort. You have to get the young, destroy their lives very early, in order to keep them captive in this cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit