Those Written/Oral Reviews

by WTWizard 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes , when I was young the written review was handed in, the Overseer marked it and gave back the papers next week (In those days a roll call of those enrolled in TMS was called every week and you had to answer "present" or there was a deafening silence if you weren't)

A written review used to be every month.. I never took them too seriously. I know some in later years that ignored it and wrote out their shopping list on the paper.

Growing up, I think it might have helped me cope with school tests, ,doing the rotten review so often

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I'm thinking that they changed it to the format in the KM sometime in the late 70's or maybe early 80's. but I could be wrong about that. I know we had the separately printed tests for at least the first several years I was in the org, which started in 1969. I really can't remember how long it was before they changed it, but I think I was married at the time (which would place it at or after 1978).

• avishai
    avishai

I always hated rotten review 'cuz i was usually done early, and then what was a kid to do but screw around and get in trouble?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

The silence of the "written review" was great ... no dumb talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit