I'm so EXCITED!!!! And I just can't hide it!!!!! Oklahoma!!!!!

by horrible life 32 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My husband's been wearing his KU gear almost everyday! He is so excited about KU! Every since WSU lost their football team in a plane crash, he's been rooting for KU. He is so excited!

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

The Tigers are going to rain all over KU's parade. They'll have to haul Jabba off in a gurney.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    The Tigers are going to rain all over KU's parade. They'll have to haul Jabba off in a gurney.

We'll see!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Well so much for me thinking this thread would die, and not be resurrected. Ok shutterbug, you can have your moment................TIME"s UP!!!

Texas Tech 34, Oklahoma 27. Far be it for me to gloat but you need to give me this little moment of satisfaction.

What I can't understand is, when there was 3 minutes left on the clock, Why didn't OU line up fast??? It didn't even look like they were in a huddle. They were just standing around, letting the clock tick. They had no more time outs. They should have hurried and lined up, and played.

MsMcDucket, Congrats!!!!!!!!! It looks like OU will play Kansas in the Big 12, if we can beat OSU. I would rather not play Kansas, If we beat you all, you may not get to go to the National Championship. But, with as bad as OU has been playing, I really don't think there is a chance of that. Since it can't be OU, I would like to see Kansas win the BCS.

Sorry LSU, you all had your place in the spotlight. Plus, you whipped us very recently. It still stings.

They'll have to haul Jabba off in a gurney

Jabba???? Is that what they call him??? OMG I kinda thought about the old Willy Wonka movie. Jabba?? I just don't see it.

altaltalt

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Horrible Life, I'm sorry to hear about that! Hopefully, you can pick up another team to get you back into spirits! Then, again, there's always next year!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    My husband's been wearing his KU gear almost everyday! He is so excited about KU! Every since WSU lost their football team in a plane crash, he's been rooting for KU. He is so excited!

I wish I knew how they determine the rankings in the BCS. I think Kansas should be number one because they haven't been defeated. Ms.Mcducket, your husband should be excdited. Bug

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The eyes of Texas are upon you . . . . . .

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thanks alot TEX!!! Damn them Red Raiders at Texas Tech. Oh well, we played awful until the last 5 minutes. Too Little, Too Late.

Shutterbug, there are several, separate things that go into the BCS rankings. One of the ways, was developed by a man, who lives in my little town. I will try to find a link, If I am not too distraught.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Shutterbug, this may help. The link about the gentleman from my town, is at the bottom. He is a pretty cool guy.

http://www.tellshowbcs.com/index.html

BCS Rules

This year, the BCS standings will include three components: the rankings of The Associated Press media poll, the USA Today/ESPN coaches poll and a computer poll average. Each component will count one-third of a team's overall BCS score in the BCS Standings. Team percentages are derived by dividing a team's actual voting points by a maximum 1625 possible points in the AP Poll and 1525 possible points in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches Poll.

Six computer rankings calculated in inverse points order (25 for #1, 24 for #2, etc.) are used to determine the overall computer component. The best and worst ranking for each team is dropped, and the remaining four are added and divided by 100 (the maximum possible points) to produce a Computer Rankings Percentage.

The six computer ranking providers are Anderson & Hester, Richard Billingsley, Colley Matrix, Kenneth Massey, Jeff Sagarin, and Peter Wolfe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/061208 <<< About Richard

• freydo
    freydo

If the NFL embraced the BCS instead of these silly playoffs …

By MJD

The holidays have passed, but there's no more important time to give thanks than right now, because we, as NFL fans, have playoffs. The alternative, the system that our semi-pro league uses, has provided some fun along the way (specifically, 70), but is generally useless.

To illustrate how much we have to be thankful for, I thought we might take a look at what the NFL postseason would look like if the NFL used the Bowl Championship Series. Here we go........

Super Bowl : Green Bay Packers vs. New Orleans Saints

The 49ers were close to getting the bid, but their losses came later in the season, and the pollsters are notoriously biased against West Coast teams............AFC East's automatic tie-in with the Bud Light Bowl.

Other BCS Bowls :

Bud Light Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs. New England Patriots

Doritos Bowl: Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Non-BCS Bowls:

Hyundai Bowl: Baltimore Ravens vs. Detroit Lions

.....it's just that the Steelers fans travel so well. The Doritos people couldn't say no to the Tebow vs. Roethlisberger, good vs. evil

Pepsi Bowl: Houston Texans vs. New York Giants

No one really cares about the Pepsi Bowl.

T-Mobile Bowl: New York Jets vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

It's a little-known rule that Notre Dame becomes NFL bowl-eligible in any season where they win seven games,.......

Jerry Jones Bowl, presented by Jerry Jones: Oakland Raiders vs. Dallas Cowboys

...... They also got special permission to paint Jerry Jones' face at midfield, just this once.

Pizza Hut Bowl: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Atlanta Falcons

The Pizza Hut people were very disappointed that the Dolphins didn't qualify......... again, no one cares.

E-Trade Bowl: Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Diego Chargers

This bowl is unnecessary........ but in the E-Trade Bowl? Norv Turner is nearly unbeatable

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/if-the-nfl-embraced-the-bcs-instead-of-these-silly-playoffs?urn=nfl,wp15336

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit