Raymond Franz What Religion?

by just4u 22 Replies latest jw friends

• just4u
    just4u

what Religion does Raymond Franz support?

• Gopher
    Gopher

He is part of an independent bible study group, rather than any conventional (organized) religion.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, just4u......glad you are 4us

• flipper
    flipper

JUST 4 u- Welcome to the board ! Nice to see your post! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Maddie
    Maddie

WELCOME JUST4U

I have heard the same thing as Gopher, that he doesn't support any organized religious body. I guess he is trying to be a Christian and have a personal relationship with God, which is after all what the whole thing (Christianity) is meant to be about.

Maddie

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Bienvenue.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I rfecieved a letter from him; he doesn't support any specific religion. He discusses bible topics with a small group, and tries to be a good Christian. He doesn't frequent discussion boards, because he feels they are too angry and negative.

• onacruse
    onacruse

JT:

he doesn't support any specific religion. He discusses bible topics with a small group, and tries to be a good Christian.

Well, I think that means that he does support a specific religion: Christianity. Not that I have a problem with him about that...it's his choice.

He doesn't frequent discussion boards, because he feels they are too angry and negative.

I've experienced the same myself, and can therefore empathize. However, I would politely submit that much of the anger and negativity derives from the realization that even Christianity (or, perhaps, even most so, Christianity), has served to delude and separate people one from another. If so, then the anger and negativity is a justifiable and, dare I say, even righteous, response?

Again, I mean no disrespect to Christians, per se.

• just4u
    just4u

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!! GOOD TO BE HERE. Does he have a email address?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Just4u,

He can be reached at [email protected]. That's his publishing firm for Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom.

Their website is http://www.commentarypress.com .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit