Sect holes up in cave to await end of world

by Rabbit 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

First B_Deserter starts a thread: Jehovah's Witnesses are not a cult and here's why I think so

Then on this threat he says:

I remember my parents telling me as a child that we need to be prepared and obedient because they day might come where we will be asked to do something we don't want to do like leave our homes and live in caves/the wilderness/etc. and being obedient could mean our lives. This makes me think it's possible that the society is preparing for something, possibly the largest mass-suicide ever seen on the face of the earth, or a violent crusade.

Perhaps you should change the title of your thread, B.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Media reports said the cult members believed the world would end sometime in May next year. Police expected them to emerge when their supplies ran out.

So, sometime around June, I suppose they'll all walk out into the sunshine of a world still here. Can you imagine how they would feel ? Embarrassed ? Humiliated ? Educated ? Learned a hard lesson ?

Sadly, like the Millerites (?) who sold all their stuff and went out and waited on that hill for deliverance...they could only admit they made a mathematical error. Then came the Adventists, Russellites, Int'l Bible Students, Jehovah's Witnesses...and me.

After 1975 did not result in billions of theocratic murders by my Loving God... and I wasn't living in Paradise, I accepted bad math, new light, old light, brighter light, 'spiritual food at the proper time', as excuses...yet kept believing the BIG lie for 3 more decades.

But, if those Russians don't 'blow themselves up' to ensure a trip to heaven, maybe, maybe...they will walk away a little wiser like many of us have done.

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit