The Silver is MINE! The Gold is MINE!

by Open mind 30 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Okay, but here in the USA the money is backed by silver OR gold so it is MINE.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In our congregation the speaker was not bad - he also concentarted on TRANSLATION not money

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember those talks. Usually, they were attached to the accounts reports and when the congregation funds started running low (and then, whenever the congregation funds started running flush, they would send a donation to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund). They would talk like disaster was imminent unless they started giving more to the Kingdumb Hell project (which I didn't give a fxxx if it never got off the ground).

This year, I "donated" all my Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund money to Bronner's and Christmas Mouse. In return, I got some really nice Christmas decorations including a great big Christmas tree, lots of lights (LED at that), and many ornaments of all kinds. And not one penny of that money will go into that Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• ush419
    ush419

another typical trying to make the R&F feel guilty over not giving more and more money to the society. You know it is more expensive now to print bulls**t than it was a year ago, this was said by the elder giving the talk, that is it is more expensive now than before. But they still want your money no matter what it is worth now. the talk cover pages 17-21 in the Nov 1st 2007 Bitchtower. Started of with Haggai, then the heading "How is the Work Financed? (i.e. do you get paid to go out and sell magazines???_) Then Matthew 10:8 You received free give free. . They even brought up at the "Faithful and discreet slave" in 1879 (excuse me they use to teach the FDS was Russell), in Zions bitchtower said that "Zion's Watch Tower," has we believe, (wink wink) JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. So why are we having a talk on support if we ain't begging???????

Heading consisted of things like, "How is the Work Financed?"; "Publications in 437 Languages,"; (there you are suppose to feel sorry for them because it cast money to translate bibles and literature) they also referenced a 6 yr old donating a pig he had raised and giving the equivalent of $110.00 american to the jdubs (sure that really happened); "Improving the Quality of Translation,;:" "Words that touch the Heart,:" (give me your "fing" money right now) "We Are God's Fellow Workers;" Ways in Which Some (yeah sure) Choose to Give:

Contrivbution to the Worldwide Work (of course we were told are donations are behind 'they didn't say behind what although a figure of $1000+ was given".

Conditional Donation Trust Arrangemen,

Charitable planning

Gift annuity

Wills and Trust

Just any ole way you can think of to give us your money. I believe that the settlement might really be taking a toll on the societyf now that and the growth in the poorer third world.

thats it we only want your money and preferably you should look at it as a privilege to give us all of your $$$$$$$$$$

It's always about the $$$$$ just follow the $$$$$ trail. I wold sure loie to see them give a $$$ accounting to what they took in over each year and just where the money was really sent/spent and why? They have the congregations give out an account on a monthly basis why can't the society give out an account on a yearly basis, put it in the year book like the supposed growth. In other words 3rd world growth equals less $$$$.

It was mention several times that they will not ask for money or beg for it. Well what the hell do ya call this talk about then if it ain't wanting more and more $$$$$ from the rank and file, then they bring up that the donations for the WWW aren't up to par. Well kiss my ass then.

• VM44
    VM44

In the late 1930's the Watchtower organized the JWs to send in bundles of box top coupons so they could be redeemed for cash.

The Watchtower has always been on the lookout for new sources of income.

If an individual showed as much concern towards accumulating money as the Watchtower does, they would be considered MATERIALISTIC!

--VM44

• zack
    zack

Too funny. God must have money management issues---- he never seems to have enough money. Perhaps we ahould all pitch in and get him a seminar

on fiscal prudence.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If Jehovah has all the money let him pay for it! Before giving a donation I would throw my wages in the air and say: "Jehovah take what you need and the rest is MINE!" This system served me well for many years.

• VM44
    VM44

The Hydrogen is MINE! The Helium is MINE! The Lithium is MINE! The Beryllium is MINE!....and so on, and on, and on....

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ VM44!

I really like the quote of Russell saying 'when we've got to beg for money, we'll stop printing it'.

If this ain't beggin' I don't know what is.

Stilla said his speaker talked about TRANSLATION.

Yep, almost forgot about that bit. Our guy mentioned that there are over 2000 "UNPAID" translators working on the litterature. Ya had to be there, but the underlying message was GUILT, GUILT, GUILT. (If you're not spending 10 hrs a week of your free time on translating, the least you can do is cough up more bucks.)

Thanks to everyone else for your comments.

Open Mind

• AGuest
    AGuest

you won't find the following in most WTBTS Bibles:

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you DEVOUR WIDOWS' HOUSES...!"

Instead, you will see:

"14*______"

It is in the footnote of the NWT Reference Bible, however, which is the ONLY version one should be using if using ANY Bible from the WTBTS... but who has one of those? Their bet is... not too many folks. Fortunately, I have about six of 'em... four of which are now falling apart at the seams, of course.

My advice? If you really want to know who they really are... and who they really worship and "follow"... get yourself a Reference version. Yeah, it requires a little bit heavier "donation," but there's almost a whole 'nuther Bible in those footnotes!

I bid you all peace!

SA, a slave of Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit