Tell Me About Your Jehovah's Witness Mother...If You had One!

by new boy 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new boy
    new boy

So since no one picked up the ball, after my thread on "Your JW Father".....Here we go...

My Mother (bless her heart) was born in Kansas in 1926....Her mother died in 1934, when my mother was 8 years old. She died trying to give yourself an abortion with a coat hanger. It was the "Great Depression".....she was 34 years old 4 kids and a 5th on the way...My Grandfather would blow through town just long enough to "Knock her up" and leave....no money....no hope. He was a bastard....from a family of bastards...

My grandfather was the town bootlegger very much like Ryan O'Neil in the movie "Paper Moon."

My mother got passed around to all my grandfather's "family members" to be their work slave/ sex servant.

Rural, Kansas, Depression....you get the picture....

Enter the Jehovah's Witnesses 1952....With THE message of good news...."People are bad" the "World is Bad"...."Satan is controling everything" God is coming to kill everyone real....SOON!

My mother......"Sign me up.....That is the best thing I have every heard!"

My mother God bless her heart.....brought the poison of the Jehovah's Witnesses into our family...She died 24 years ago...in 1983, yet my family are still dealing with the effects of her choice of her religion...to this day!

And the beat goes on!

So tell me about your JW mother...................

• dawg
    dawg

Damn, you have the best ideas... everyone likes to read about each other's mother and everyone likes to talk about their mom too...

My Mom,

She was raised by a father who loved her but didn't know how to show it... he got better before he died.

She (a Baptist) met my father (the JW) at a sock hop, they dated for about a year and mom wanted to convert... her dad took her away to Seattle, Wash. to keep that from happening. She stayed there for a year or so until she convinced her Dad she no longer loved my JW Dad. Came home and marrried my Dad that very night. Still together....

In some ways she strong willed, in others she lacks courage, I honestly think both of them have to know what a sham the JW faith all is.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Born in 1937. Poor child from a family of poor children. Dirt floors, second hand clothes. 5 out of 8 of the kids became state wards my G-parents were so poor. Mom spent a few of her childhood years in an county orphanage. She got hooked up with a dashing veteran right out of the Korean War and became my mother, but I escaped the 'bastard child' moniker when my dad married her in 1955. By 1959 she had become transfixed with the Jehovah Witness religion and guilt-drove all the children into acceptance of the doctrines - eventually.

I succumbed first as a lad - my sister in her 20's, then out by 35, tired and confused by the loads that were not so light as Jesus promised. The middle sibling, my brother, became entranced with the religion at age 35 to my shock and all others who had known his younger dope smoking, womanizing ways. He was benefited most by his association there. His life ebbed away at age 46 due to ramifications of his youthful foolishness, but he likely lived 5 years longer than he could have without 'religion' and it's lifestyle. So it was a positive note in his case.

Mom - of whom the story is being told - died a year later. By then I was gone from the 'truth' - but had not told her or anyone else the reason for such departure. It didn't matter to the jw's in town who had known her for almost 50 years by this time. No active witnesses in their midst made it acceptable to 'boycott' her funeral as if they had never known her [or me - her son in good standing though inactive at the time.]

I miss her - but I surely wish that whatever evil and dark energy brought that little old lady to the door to 'preach the good news of Jehovah's Kingdom' that hot summer day in 1959 had not reached her heart.

Rest in Peace Mom.

Jeff

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

She suffers from unmedicated depression and a really bitter mind set rife with defeatism

• changeling
    changeling

Was indoctinated by missionaries in 1950 and has not had an original thought since.

changeling

• BrentR
    BrentR

Mine has been a JW her whole life and appears to enjoy the sickness. She was physicaly abusive and used guilt trips to manipulate everyone around her. In her eyes my wife and I can't possibly be good parents because we are not raising our daughter as a witness. Last weekend I asked her several questions via email about her cult and she refused to address a single one. In twisted way I have her to thank for leaving the cult when I did. Both of my JW sisters avoid her and my dad do to thier inability to communicate without critism and self righteousness.

We had the bookstudy at our house for several years when I was in my teens. Her abrasive critism got to the point it had to be changed due to the problems it caused. She is a very unhappy person and I always hold out hope she can somehow find some happiness. As long as she remains in a doomsday cult that may never happen.

• blueviceroy
  • helncon
    helncon

My mum....

Her mother found the JW's when my mum was young guessing 2/3 years old.

She has 2 older sisters one who had left home by then and the other was 10 years older than her she was the rebellious one. My mum was a very shy person.

My mum move to Australia when she was just 19 she basically came here for a holiday with her parents and never went back. She told me that she was engaged to a worldly guy they had slept together and he left her for someone else she was heart broken.

Within months of being her she met and married my dad within 6 months.

I think she ws happy for the first 5 years but i think th toll of my dad and having such a young family, a sick father a demanding mother it all became to much she started having nervous breakdowns.

So from when i was from the age of about 7 till 14 she was in and out of hospital.

When i was in my mid teens she actually stood up for me and let me go out with my cousin and she gave me freedon. I don't think i ever confided in her and even now our relationship i think is a little strained.

I do make the efffort to have contact with her at least a few times a week but it is rare for her to ring or come over.

Over the last year she has been diagnosed with Bi polar but im not sure this is the right label for her as she has battled with Major depression for a long time.

She never has attened many meetings over the many years but then has had the strive to be full on in the jw's.

Now she has not been to a meeting consistantly for MANY years but recently has started going back to the meetings and even attended the convention earlier this year.

She has said if they told her that she is not to have any contact with me she would tell them where to go.

I guess in a way im all she has got.

Helen

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

Manipulator sexual abuser mental abuser emotional abuser slandered my dad everywhere after he was disfellowshipped narcissist mercenary surrounds herself with "yes men" the elders believe every word she says destroyed my spouse's reputation with her lies and vindictiveness

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

she is extremely diehard JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit