Superfine Apostate

what we need:

• a theme
    • a "resolution"
    • a drama
    • a list of talks
    • some publications
    • interviews
    ideas? suggestions? who should be interviewed? who should give a talk about what? what would be your favourite theme?

i would like a talk by leolaia about nebucadnezzars second uncle and a talk by tetrapod.sapiens about the "free will" meme, followed by the presentation of "the god delusion". the drama could be about a fader being hunted down by the elders and recommendations on how to avoid their calls.
  • badboy
    badboy

EX-JWS OF THE WORLD,UNITE!

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR WATCHTOWER CHAINS!

• Mum
    Mum

It should be in a major city or several major cities on each continent. It would be wonderful if it could be held at the same time a JW district convention is held in the same town. There is no end of experiences that could be told. There are enough dramas on this very board to go on for years. My suggestion for a theme is would be something to do with real honesty and integrity, being true to oneself or practical applications of spiritual growth.

Regards,

SandraC

• DJK
    DJK

An ex-JW convention sounds great. Will there be singing and praying?

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

i think singing would be ok.. what songs? praying is another matter though... who would you like to pray to?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Theme for drama: "Situations Normal People Would Never Believe"

Act I

Mother: Have you made your reservations for this year's district convention?

35 year old adult son: Mom we need to talk.

Mother: Why? Are you going to go the week after? You know how the society says to quit your job if they won't let you go to the assembly.

Son: No it's not that.

Mother: What is it then? By the tone in your voice, I know it can't be good. You aren't staying in a hotel room that's not approved are you?

Son: No mom, I'm not going. I didn't even ask off of work.

Mother: What do you mean?

Son: I mean, I'm not going.

Mother: You can't miss the assembly!

Son: Technically Mother, I can.

Mother: Well why not? are you having surgery?

Son: No, I just don't enjoy them so I figured I wouldn't go anymore

Mother WHAT? Not go anymore? Have you been on the internet? Is that the cause of this? YOU HAVE DEMONS!

Son: No mom, we'll talk about it later, I need to go pick up your grandkids from school.

(Mother follows off stage hitting him with a broom.)

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

*LOL* hillarious! love it

• DJK
    DJK

It appears you took me seriously. OK. Imagine and Bridge over troubled waters. I prefer to pass on the praying.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

it should be held in New York

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

got it ;) on here you never know if you are dealing with a born again bible student or a fellow atheist... having a prayer section would be ok with me though - simultaneously transposed to allah, odin and quezalcoatl.

oh yes, those songs would be perfect. what about "jehovah made this whole joint for you"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit