Baptismal vows in Norwegian?

by kifoy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kifoy
    kifoy

Does anyone know how the baptismal vows are worded in Norwegian?
    I think they can be found in WT june 1, 1985. But I don't have WTs that old.

I also need the page number in the Norwegian edition of the 1985 WT.

kifoy

• kifoy
    kifoy

Bttt.

Noen som vet/husker?
    Anyone?

kifoy

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Urdy gurdy burten schmurten blinken schminken - im sure its something like that...

(memories of the muppet chef who used to chase the chickens with a big cleaver)

• kifoy
    kifoy

Hehe.
    But the muppet chef was "Swedish", wasn't he?

I apparently did not pay proper attention when I was baptised. I was constantly memorising the answer... "svar ja, svar ja, svar ja" ("answer yes" in Norwegian)

kifoy

• DJK
    DJK
    Noen som vet/husker?
    Anyone?

Noen that knows/having happens?

I cheated using a language translator I googled. Swedish to English.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Try if these guys can help you http://xjw-help-norway.phpbb.net ( I use firefox, I can´t make the link work)

• kifoy
    kifoy

DJK: "Noen som vet/husker?" = "Anyone who knows/remember?" :-)

Lazy: Thank you! I did not know about this site. I'll try that.

kifoy

• kifoy
    kifoy

I'm reviving this topic to bring the answer to my question, in case someone else is searching for it in the future.
    My husband contacted the National Library and dug up the 1985 WT.
    (Edit: for the record, and if others want to search for it, the article was found in Vakttårnet 1. juni s. 29-31)

The vows in Norwegian are:

1. Har du på grunnlag av Jesu Kristi offer angret dine synder og innviet deg til Jehova for å gjøre hans vilje?
    2. Forstår du at din innvielse og dåp gjør det klart at du er et av Jehovas vitner, som er tilsluttet Guds organisasjon som ledes av hans ånd?

This article is really weird. It only quotes the two questions, without even a comment on the fact that something has changed in the wording, and why.
    How typical. It's more important to point out that your swimming suit should be appropriate (even when wet, because though it might look fine now, it can be far from decent when wet!)

kifoy

• onacruse
    onacruse
    without even a comment on the fact that something has changed in the wording, and why.

Ahhhhh! But here's the reason:

*** w87 4/15 p. 12 Gaining Peace With God Through Dedication and Baptism ***

Recently the two questions addressed to baptismal candidates were simplified so that candidates could answer with full comprehension of what is involved in coming into intimate relationship with God and his earthly organization.

Apparently some had previously had a misunderstanding (using the "old" questions), and in God's due time He made the necessary "simplifications."

• kifoy
    kifoy

*** w87 4/15 p. 12 Gaining Peace With God Through Dedication and Baptism ***

Recently the two questions addressed to baptismal candidates were simplified so that candidates could answer with full comprehension of what is involved in coming into intimate relationship with God and his earthly organization.

Ahh... I see. Thank you ona.

Although I can't see how the new "simplifications" made me even close to "answer with full comprehension".

kifoy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit