Recovery of an Adult Convert (Reconnecting with Loved Ones)

by lonelysheep 13 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Hey Lonely, Are you sure you're feeling the effects of 'having felt better than everyone who loved you.'? As a JW I never once felt better than anyone in or out. It was my family (not JW) who thought that's what I thought and so treated me as if I did. They still have that mindset regarding those years. They don't know me and never did which is partly how I came to fall into JW thinking in the first place. And after realising that was not me either, I just had no idea and existed for the sake of my kids. If you feel that way too then I can understand how lost you will be inside in terms of everything everyone else talks about in everyday life. ordinary human conversations remind you of loss and emptiness like a never ending wheel. I hope you get close to someone who understands where your heart is at and what it feels. I think that's the only way which can return your soul some happiness - maybe. Because I feel the same.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Thanks, everyone!

Avidbiblereader-that's the approach I was thinking of taking. Pure love in those words, man.

R. Crusoe: They don't know me and never did which is partly how I came to fall into JW thinking in the first place. And after realising that was not me either, I just had no idea and existed for the sake of my kids. If you feel that way too then I can understand how lost you will be inside in terms of everything everyone else talks about in everyday life. ordinary human conversations remind you of loss and emptiness like a never ending wheel. I hope you get close to someone who understands where your heart is at and what it feels. I think that's the only way which can return your soul some happiness - maybe. Because I feel the same.

That is exactly what it feels like. It's very dark, huh? The cultic tornado hit and was out in just a few years, but essentially destroyed most everything around me. Therapy for the jw garbage alone is a possibility at this point! (said with no shame)

• minimus
    minimus

LS, my ex went back to her family and they lovingly took her back with open arms!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

After seeing a few close family members over the last 2 weeks, including today, I can very happily say that I wasn't even asked any questions as to why I've been MIA, but have just been told how much I've been missed and have been thought of. That's it....I love you's, hugs and kisses and promises to be in each other's lives simply because we love each other and we can.

I need that. I ache because I miss being around people who love me.

Since those people were never jw's (against everything they stand for, in fact), they provided me the opportunity to be in their life and vice versa.

My grandfather passed away Saturday. Fortunately, all we will do at the funeral is grieve together as a family, with no exclusions. I was the only one doing the excluding, and it's ancient history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit