What is God doing right now?

by shopaholic 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    For if there exists a God who desires that humanity believe in him and come to know him, why would he not take the most effective possible action to ensure that this occurs? If he were to manifest himself in an obvious way and explain clearly what he wants from us, the vast majority of nonbelievers would probably choose to convert, and the vast majority of religious confusion would probably be eliminated. Since this is the outcome that best achieves his goals, a rational and benevolent deity would desire to bring it about. The failure of such an event to occur must therefore be counted as evidence against the existence of any such being.

Exactly! Thanks for the great post Nvr.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

He's probably shouting at humanity - you included

"QUIT EXPECTING ME TO FIX ALL YOUR PROBLEMS - ESPECIALLY IF I 'DON'T EXIST' - SHIFT OFF YOUR LAZY FAT ARSES AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOURSELVES!!!"

• watson
    watson

Great read, NVR. Definately good reasons for "getting off our arses, and doing something about our problems!"

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

SHIFT OFF YOUR LAZY FAT ARSES AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOURSELVES!!!"

Do you want to tell them, Sad emo?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    "QUIT EXPECTING ME TO FIX ALL YOUR PROBLEMS"

Sad Emo,

For the record, I'm not expecting God to fix my problems but I know some other folks that could use some help. I've been busy in various charities for awhile (at the critical commentary of JW's even though I was pioneer the entire time), so I'm pulling my load and then some! Next year, I'm taking my volunteer efforts global. I've finally let go enough of the JW teaching to feel comfortable to help abroad without a bible message. Excuse me for wishful thinking, that if there is a God when is he gonna give me a hand. It's just been a real adjustment to realize that either God doesn't exist or he doesn't give a rip. I actually came to that conclusion about 5 years ago but...like most JWs I forced myself to believe.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

nvr - WE other people in the world have enough to feed, house and clothe those people - yes and set up irrigation systems so they could feed themselves.

problem is OUR help comes at a price - they can't pay, they can starve and we'll keep all our 'stuff' irradiated and locked up in silos for years.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

nvr - WE other people in the world have enough to feed, house and clothe those people - yes and set up irrigation systems so they could feed themselves.

problem is OUR help comes at a price - they can't pay, they can starve and we'll keep all our 'stuff' irradiated and locked up in silos for years.

It's not that simple.

Both you and I know it.

Both you and I wish it could be different.

The fact is that those people are being used as pawns.

Does God care?

Is it part of his plan?

Does it matter to Him?

I don't know.

Do you?

What does is it mean when the Gospels say that God notes the little bird that falls to the ground?

What does it mean that He has the hairs of our heads counted?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

He is watching the Make Mine A Double comedy season on Paramount.

Someone ought to tell him to switch over and watch Sky News.

• erynw
    erynw

What does is it mean when the Gospels say that God notes the little bird that falls to the ground?

What does it mean that He has the hairs of our heads counted?

It means nothing to those who are hurting and going through hell. If a person is having a wonderful life, are healthy and prosperous, it's a platitude that they spout off to those who are thinking exactly what a lot of us are thinking when we ask the question, Where the f*ck is god!

• eclipse
    eclipse

God doesn't matter,

only we do

only my friends do

only my family does

life right now, in this moment, that's all that counts.

God is no where in that equation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit