Question about a WT song....

by DublDipd 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

Just thinking about a song that we used to sing at the KH....cannot remember the name of the song, but it was quite popular at the assemblies.

The questionable lyrics were, "fear not those who kill the BODY, but cannot destroy the SOUL" it continues on with "to the end continue faithful, I will take you to your goal".

This was from the old songbook (remember, the purple one). Has the WT$ changed the lyrics to this song? Do they sing it anymore? Because if they do...doesn't the words in this song conflict with their teaching that the soul and body are one?

Appreciate any response on this....

• ninja
    ninja

off the top of my head I think its called "fear them not"....and is still sung at kh's

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

faithful to the end continue

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

The teachings in kigdom halls conflict all the time, whats new?

The spin will be whatever is needed , or it will just be a ghost and noone will question it.

The cult mentality does whatever it needs to keep it's beliefs alive.

• DublDipd
    DublDipd

Ya know, it's just sad blueviceroy but you are RIGHT. They will put whatever spin they want on it! It just feels hopeless sometimes when one brings forth a RATIONAL idea to discuss with a JW and they put their pyscho spin on it! Drives me crazy sometimes...thus websites such as this! Nice to vent sometimes.

• Purza
    Purza
    faithful to the end continue

I will help you reach your goal. . .

Purza

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

This song is based on Matthew 10:28, and I believe the WT teaching on the soul in this text is that it refers to one's future life prospects that rest in Jehovah's hands. Unlike everywhere else, where "soul" means the whole person. Well, not everywhere, they actually have 3 or 4 different meanings for the word "soul" throughout the Bible in order to make all the occurrences harmonize with their teachings about the state of the dead.

• naruto@postate
    naruto@postate

I know they didnt change the body and soul line from that song, but they did change other stuff from the purple song book.I am not sure but I think they took whole songs out.

• dinah
    dinah

Those songs are like ear-worms. Thanks for getting that one stuck in my head. lol

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it was song 27 in the Sing Praises to Jehovah book. Another poorly written piece of sxxx that was designed to get people to foolhardily do things that exposes them to excess risk in field circus.

I think I will just stick with those Christmas songs that we were supposed to drown out. And the one they hated so much, that is now extremely difficult to get, is Hey Santa! by Carnie and Wendy Wilson. In fact, I had to "steal" that one from LimeWire since it was not available on any of the legitimate sources and I couldn't even find the CD for purchase.

For anyone who has the Kingdumb malady stuck in their heads, this one is about asking Santa to bring her boyfriend home. And Santa shows up at the last minute, and "I'm underneath the mistletoe with my baby tonight". Hopefully someone else will have better luck locating the CD that that song is on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit