Michael Jackson's "Pioneering" Experi...

by Eyebrow 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

One thing that ALWAYS annoyed the heck out of me was so called famous witnesses. It really annoyed me that they could have a public life so contrary to the witness life we were supposed to be leading as witnesses.

I got a kick out of an article Michael Jackson has about his experience as a witness youth and the sabbath and "pioneering". It often makes me wonder how much money he handed his local kingdom hall to keep them off his backs. I also wonder if he ever was given the opportunity to experience what a real witness life was all about.

At least he is not negative, haaha!

http://www.belief.net/frameset.asp?pageLoc=/story/56/story_5697_1.html&boardID=8294

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Keep wandering Eyebrow. Keep wandering.

• blondie
    blondie

Somewhere either on H20 or here, someone posted a letter from the WTS regarding Michael Jackson's spiritual status.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Fred,

You are still JW...didn't Jackson annoy you just a wee bit as a witness?

• blondie
    blondie

*** g84 5/22 19-20 What About Music Videos? ***
    “I Would Never Do It Again!”
    In another popular video, Thriller, the performer is seen to transform first into a “cat person,” then a dancing “monster.” Evidently not wanting viewers to conclude that it promoted spiritism, the film begins with the disclaimer: “Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult.—Michael Jackson.” Nevertheless, it was so realistic that some who saw it admitted that they were horrified at first. What was this short film intended to convey? And how does the performer, Michael Jackson, feel about it in looking back?

“I would never do it again!” says Jackson. “I just intended to do a good, fun short film, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what’s right. I would never do anything like that again.” Why not? “Because a lot of people were offended by it,” explains Jackson. “That makes me feel bad. I don’t want them to feel that way. I realize now that it wasn’t a good idea. I’ll never do a video like that again!” He continues: “In fact, I have blocked further distribution of the film over which I have control, including its release in some other countries. There’s all kinds of promotional stuff being proposed on Thriller. But I tell them, ‘No, no, no. I don’t want to do anything on Thriller. No more Thriller.’”

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Beat it Eyebrow

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Didn't he just make a short film (on VH1) called Ghost??

closer

• blondie
    blondie

Michael's status with the JWs is ambiguous at best now. He was neither DF'd nor DA'd himself that I know...has he drifted away? I don't know. I just remember a letter posted here or at H2O suggesting the drifting scenario. His mother supposedly is still a JW in good standing...and associates with him so that seems to support the drifting away. Will the WTS hunt him down to discipline him regarding "Ghost," probably not.

I knew this letter was somewhere...I have a memory with holes:

http://www.freeminds.org/african/mjackson.htm

• ballistic
    ballistic

I asked him about this part of his life the other day and he looked at me and burst into song saying "it's just another part of me..."

:)

• messenger
    messenger

MJ DA'd himself in the 80's. He continues as a DA'd former witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit