What is the the source of your spirituality ?

by blueviceroy 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

The recent post on my favorite topic "SPIRITUALITY" gave me a question to ask .

What inner drive compells us to seek our source . The experience of feeling that active presence has certainly made a profound change in me.

I understand a great many things now . I understand that many people in this life are destined to go to the grave without feeling the source of life as an active force and it saddens me to no end.

To all the seekers I ask , will you please share some insight to the lost and tell what your source is.

My source is the same as yours , it's the eternal self that was present when my first breath moved in my body , it was present prior to that breath

It is present right now , watching as it's intent is made manifest in these words, it is a deep and boundless love that can feel all you people reading reading these words , it's the same consiousness that is reading the words through your eyes , asking you to recognize that you are reading your own words.

We are all part of the same thing ,the illusion of separatness is all that keeps us from living in a perfect existence , only our selfish desires drive us apart.

I'm not advocating tree hugging or anything material at all ,just please look within and know who you really are,If we want a better world we must make us a better person .

Never cause a need to be , never need a cause , just be , be free .

• eclipse
    eclipse
    We are all part of the same thing ,the illusion of separatness is all that keeps us from living in a perfect existence , only our selfish desires drive us apart.

I see religion as part of the seperateness that drives humans apart...

Religion is men's interpretation of what spirituality should be - and at great cost.

Spirituality is personal, deeply personal. Spirituality is the journey humans all share from birth to death....

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

thank you eclipse

I really think this topic is the only thing worth talking about or working for . Without a firm understanding of who one is , no other meaningfull pusuit can be understood , nor can fullfillment be experienced.

I know the forum is full of the "enlightened " so please share , don't be shy.

We're doing it for the shortys !!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The interconnectedness of all things.

The All.

The Oneness.

Many names for the same reality.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I understand that many people in this life are destined to go to the grave without feeling the source of life as an active force and it saddens me to no end.'

It doesn't bother me too much. Everyone will eventually get there, if not in this life, then the next, or, the next... Anyway, i have my own stuff to take care of.

S

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I agree to a degree ,Satanus.

At times I wish i didn't have the concern for others I do , but I think it's appropriet for me to "do good deeds" because before I was aware I was a complete egomaniac, doing all that I can to promote awareness is a part of my spirituality , the helping just increases my understanding and helps draw me closer to source,

Everyone experiences it differently, and you are correct ,this life or the next we all get back sonner or later.

See you all there when we're done

• poppers
    poppers

Great topic, blueviceroy. If the source of your spirituality exists outside yourself then the best you can do is "practice" some form of spirituality. If, on the other hand, your source of spirituality flows from your inner Being then you are by nature "spiritual". One is an imposed spirituality that takes effort of some kind, while the other is a natural spirituality that flowers spontaneously. So, are you relying on something "out there" to be "spiritual" or can you find something within yourself that is itself the essence of spirituality?

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Thank you nvr very nice expression .

Good to hear from poppers, as always your clarity is appreciated.

• erynw
    erynw

Source of spirituality, for me, is the persevering human spirit. I see many ugly things in this world that break my heart and bruise my spirit. Then, out of the chaos, I see human beings rallying together for a common cause. Strangers, who have also been broken hearted and bruised, set aside their own wounds and hurt to help out a fellow man who is hurting.

This, above all other things in my spiritual journey, renews my faith and heals my heart.

To all who are in pain and choose to reach out to those who are in pain, bless you.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My spiritual source comes from chocolate covered donuts.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit