Jehovah will annihilate those governments - even if they protect us?

by Bonnie_Clyde 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

This is not new - but it still strikes me as ironic. The 12-15-07 WT on page 20 states mentions that, "it may be times be necessary to defend with boldness our Scriptural position...by appealing to governments and courts for protection." Then 7 paragraphs later it states that Jehovah will annihilate all the nations because they are opposed to the Messianic Kingdom.

The question could be asked, why JW's appeal to worldly governments for help when they are about to be destroyed?

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

While there is some logical historical validity (i.e., Paul appealing to the Romans, yet Rome falling), that is not their direction here.

Here, the teaching is actually more in line with their very illogical (and hypocritical) point of view that when one of them has become old, sick, hungry or homeless, such one should appeal, first, to "worldy" family (particularly children) for assistance because such family (particularly children) is obligated to care for them. The FACT that they also told such one to stay completely away from the "worldly" family for, say, decades, however, is pretty much disregarded.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Remember you are dealing with a god here that sets these powers in place, for his own purposes, to later tear them down, for his own purposes. Nice guy huh?

• dazednotconfused
    dazednotconfused

why go to the doctor if you are sick? Your doctor is a wicked non-believer. Thank him if he cures your ailment and watch him die at Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit