Request from Atlantis "Bible Students Monthly" ~1917

by jgnat 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Can you get me a scan of this?

The Bible Students Monthly. This four-page tabloid-sized tract was entitled "The Fall of Babylon," and it bore the subtitle "Why Christendom Must Now Suffer--The Final Outcome."

It's being discussed this week in the study of Revelation. Of course, Christendom was "stung" by the biting words in this tract, and was a contributing factor in Rutherford's arrest. I am sure a study leader would welcome source information in the study this week.

I wonder how those words would sound to modern ears? Would a current Witness be embarrassed by them?

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Hi jgnat, I have a original copy of that tract.Is there a certain article in the tract you want? It's a large size tract, so it would have to be scanned in sections. I'm stumped on how to post it here, so give me some advice on that. Investigator74

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you so much Investigator74. I'm a greedy-guts. I want to read the whole thing. PDF please and thank you.

As to where to post, I see that AlphaOmega uploads to www.sendspace.com and posts a link here.

Atlantis has also used www.imager.com and www.bestsharing.com

• A&S
    A&S

I went to Wikipedia. It had a page Early Publications of Jehovah's Witnesses . On that you could find many old pubs. But guess what It's gone . It said page deleted ?????? Their trying to hide the past . Don't want you to find out the changes and lies .

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

jgnat:

Hi jgnat! Atlantis is buried up to his neck in work right now. If "Invetigator74" could send us scans of the tract, then I can put it up on the board for you. The older Watch Tower's mention this tract as being "collected" up the same as the "Finished Mystery" due to the anger it caused. I have sent Invetigator74 a pm.

N.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OOOOH! Now I can hardly wait...

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

jgnat:

(Credit goes to Invetigator74) 1917-The Fall Of Babylon--PDF BM=Bookmarked S=Searchable (Only for the Watch Tower's which are the last two pages. The size of the print in the Bible Students Monthly was too small for the searchable feature to function.) R=Reduced from 4.8 to 2.5-MB Due to the size of "Bible Students Monthly's, two scans per page had to be done. The four page article will therefore have eight scans. This is a very rare document! Bible Students were arrested for distributing this "Bible Students Monthly" along with "The Finished Mystery" and the "Kingdom News" during 1917 and afterwards. Watch Tower reprint pages 6244 and 6245 from the 1918 May 1, issue are included as the last two pages of this pdf. In order to get out of jail, some Bible Students who were arrested promised to "quit" distributing this "Bible Students Monthly," knowing full well they would be distributing it again in another territory. Click the link by the red arrow at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/7uu1sc Another download link: Click the words, (Click here to download your file) at the bottom of the next page in the aqua box. http://uploadline.com/files/3211645/The_Fall_Of_Babylon_R.pdf.html Tweety picture no.0187 Cheers! Atlantis-

• justhuman
    justhuman

nice one

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

justhuman:

Thank you!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• jgnat
    jgnat

Woo Hoo! Thanks so much, guys! A real collaborative effort.

In context board, this publication was mentioned this week in the Revelation study. This four page tract was supposed to bring Christendom to it's knees.

Can you sense them shaking in their boots, ninety years later?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit