Something I never do...

by bite me 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bite me
    bite me

Start new posts!

LOL JK

I have never really looked on the JW's "official" website but I did today and I was looking around and noticed a lot of topics of today that are on debate are found on there (obviously) but why am I not surprised of how much effort goes into the topics?

Here are a few examples:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/na/index.htm?article=article_01.htm

The Name Was There

The New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures properly uses God's name 237 times

"The LORD"—Equivalent of "Jehovah"?
    To remove God's distinctive personal name from the Bible and substitute a title such as "Lord" or "God" makes the text weak and inadequate in many ways.

Removing the name can also lead to confusion. Psalm 110:1 says: "THE LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Authorized Version) Who is talking to whom? How much better the rendering: "The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: 'Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.'"—New World Translation.

(OKAY this in my opinion is can I say BS?) We are taught (straight from the bible) that LORD=God and Lord= Jesus how can that cause confusion?

The information goes on and on, as you probably already know. I think I can see how easy people can come victim of such lies.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    We are taught (straight from the bible) that LORD=God and Lord= Jesus how can that cause confusion?

Great point!!! And what the WTS doesn't tell us is that there is absolutely NO proof that the Tetragrammaton or the name Jehovah ever appeared in the New Testament. They only feel that it was removed. Which is why the name never appears those 237 times in any other transanslation of the Bible.

TCK

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Yup, something I will never do either. I have no interest in reading the latest drivel coming out of the WTS. I dont' see the point.

• Rooster
    Rooster
    Yup, something I will never do either. I have no interest in reading the latest drivel coming out of the WTS. I dont' see the point.

The point is weight loss. If you read the drivel you will throw up..

• bite me
    bite me

Hey I want to loose 3 pounds, so maybe I shall get myself to read it? hehe

• BIG D
    BIG D

I unlike some here, once convinced of my course of action, never look at dogma or doctrines anymore, i spent my whole life studing the bible, and giving public discourses, i have done my time!!!!!!!!

big d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit