How Many Are...Or Have Been Going To Therapy?

by new boy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"I guess the vast majority don't think therapy is all that important."

No, I don't think so new boy. I've seen this thread topic pull dozens of replies. It could be that those that often reply to this are a bit 'unburdened out' or something.

Just timing. Not a reflection at all of the seriousness of the subject.

• happehanna
    happehanna

yes I went after leaving JW's for about 6 months and then went to a post cult workshop

It helped

but to be honest not as much as this forum which is awesome

• Gill
    Gill

Yes! Best thing I ever did!

I saw a psychiatrist and a counsellor! Didn't need any drugs as my problems were caused virtually entirely by being a JW and having total fanatical nuts for parents and relatiaves.

As they both said, once you leave the cult, mentally as well as physically you will be free and fine.

Turned out that I had had many nervous breakdowns in varying degrees probably from the age of 8 onwards. I always hated 'da troof' and was embarrassed and ashamed of all the nonsense as a child, but ironically was a total mental captive.

These psychoogists freed my mind but it took them nearly four long years!

What really clinched the deal was JWD! Thanks Simon and Angharad!

Anyway, what has really shocked and amazed me is that most thinking people are aware that the WTBTS and Jehovah's Witnesses are just a foolish apocalyptic destructive cult and only the really foolish or desperate people join it!

I am still ashamed of having been such a fool for so long HOWEVER it is fantastic to be free and feel well all the time now!

• erynw
    erynw

In therapy now but not because of JW stuff.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I started therapy last year. I didn't realize the level of denial I was putting myself through until I had to sit down and explain doctrine and policy to an outsider. Hearing myself was unnerving. I sounded like a real nut. It's funny how after about a year I still mentally run back to certain doctrines even though I know them now to be untrue. The indoctrination and mind control was me deeper than I had realized. It's amazing how much control one hands over. Life is better. I can only say it helps.

• JH
    JH

JWD is my therapy

• Satanus
    Satanus

I did. I tried hypno, psycho and psyche ologists. I didn't do it for a really long time, and i don't think that i found one that was really the right one for me. I did learn a few things, though, like how i can do it to a certain extent, by myself.

S

• justhuman
    justhuman

I don't have a therapist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit