What`s your favorite dinner WINE

by OUTLAW 19 Replies latest social relationships

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Red or white,domestic or imported,a good wine can really accent a fine meal.One of my favorite red wine`s is a BORDEAUX from FRANCE,B&G 1725.Inspired by the Barton&Guestier tradition which dates back to 1725 in Boudeaux,Fondation 1725 is a dry fruity wine with a deep garnet colour and rich,lasting aromas.Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes confer strong flavours of black currant,violet and spices.It is excellent with red meats,poultry and cheeses.I also like to use it for deglazing when making gravies or sauces.Enjoy!! OUTLAW

The Golden Rule:The people with the gold, make the rule`s!

• Celia
    Celia

One glass red wine, Merlot, for dinner, almost every day.
    There are very good California Merlot, but I found very good South American ones too, Chile, Argentina...
    :) }:! :D 8) :O

do the emoticons work ???

No, they don't ! What am I doing wrong ??? Argh

• larc
    larc

I prefer Chianti, sometimes known as Dago Red. It is out of favor, but just as good as any other red wine. Years ago, I used to make my own wine, 50 gallons each fall. It is rather easy to make actually. I still have my grape crusher and wine press in my garage.

• Princess
    Princess

Ah, finally a thread I can get into...

Wyndham Hill bin 555 Shiraz...Australian for yum!

Princess

• Englishman
    Englishman

Umm,

Love the Chardonnays whether French, S. African or Aussie, but there ain't nothin' can come close to New Zealand Cloudy Bay IMHO.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

RIPPLE 2001

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Chardonnay, or White zinfandel. I never could stand the taste of Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon. Chablis*(sp) is also good. There is also a cheap wine made of scuppernong grapes that taste great.

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I love a good merlot, burgundy, and gewurtztraminer.
    There's an article coming out about Madonna's Dad's winery on Emeril Lagasse's website,
    http://www.emerils.com/cooking/november2001/secret_ciccone.htm
    (pictures aren't up yet)
    His wines are very good, especially considering they're Michigan wines.

a ta sante,
    Anne

edited for grammatical errors, LOL.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I was hoping there was a thread on this.

Pinot noir for me ")

Also, as someone who loves to read is there a book club or "good reads" thread on here I'm missing?

Carpe Diem!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Hey Sam! There is usually a what are you reading type of thread every few months. Start one!!

Oh and the wine depends on the food.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit