Career JW's and WTBTS Wellfare(sp)?

by oneairhead 9 Replies latest jw friends

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Just a thought.....What if a career JW were to do everything that the borg told him to the letter? For example, pioneer then get a job as a janitor at night. Lets say that they do this until retirement with no retirement benefits because they didn't work full time

for the company or prepare via a retirement plan. Then him and his wife develop health problems that the local congo can't afford to pay for and the local government health care system cannot pay for. They have worked there whole life for the borg and they

then turn to them for monetary help via a letter. I wonder if this has ever been done and what the responce was from mama?

One

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

My guess is that Mama won't be of any help what so ever, they will simply tell them to turn back to the elders in the congregation who didn't help them to begin with and then do more, do more, do more and then leave it in Jehovers hoofs. When they do they the older couple will probably not realize just how they have been duped and will put it down to their not having served with special whole souldness (is that a word).

• Honesty
    Honesty

Dear Brothers,

Due to the unfaithfulness of some who have been associated for many years with Jehovah's organization the Faithful Slave has received numerous disturbing reports of requests for financial assistance.

We refer you to God's word for guidance in matters that arise within your local congregations.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 In fact, also, when we were with YOU, we used to give YOU this order: "If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat."

We rejoice with you as you fulfill your weighty resonsibilities in Jehovah's service.

Your Brothers,

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

ppffffftttttt this happens all the time. They end up on the street before "mother" will take care of them. Since when has the WTS ever taken care of anyone? Never saw that in any congregation I was in. Some people that got old and in bad health were dropped like hot potatoes after spending their entire lives doing the bidding and following the direction of the WTS. No one visited them in their home or the home, and no one took up a collection, and no one did anything. Pathetic is what it is.

Sherry

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know of one family that I foresee this very outcome in. They cut back to part time work so they could pioneer. They were janitors and sales clerks to begin with. They gave up cable TV (sounds like no Internet, either). They cut back their means of life, and their expenses, to the bare bones so they could all pioneer. The father is in fact the lead hounder in our congregation, and they are all pioneers including two grown children.

One day, they are going to develop health issues that prevent them from working (one of the children already has migraines, probably aggravated by the Pioneer Diet of Big Macs and TV dinners). Diabetes and heart disease run in the family. Eventually, they are going to have to retire, and they are putting next to nothing into Social Security. Obviously, they are saving nothing since any "surplus" money goes to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund or to host some runts and brats that they happen to be close to (only JWs).

I wonder what's going to happen to them when they get near, or above, 70 years of age or develop serious health problems and the money goes bust. They are going to have major problems with finances. The kids are not well off, and would not be in a position to assist, since they are currently relying on part time income from sales clerk jobs to assist the family. They think they are going to get anything from me--not after they told me to just meet other men at a$$emblies! And, with gas going up from the 99 cents a gallon it was then to more than $3 a gallon now (and maybe on its way to $4 or 5 if we go to war with Iran), pioneer service is going to drain their money that much faster.

I wonder how common this predicament is. I think perhaps 80% are going to have some intelligence and bend one or more of the rules (less field circus and more secular work). The ones that flagrantly break the rule against college might be a bit better off. I hope they have the common sense not to altruistically give this money to those idiots in the 20% class that follow the Tower to the letter, no matter what. I would rather see the Tower start losing lawsuits to that effect, when a few of them sue the crap out of them.

• bobld
    bobld

I believe their latest wt/a has something about how jw are not like the world when it comes to money.They don't gamble,drink,waste money on immortal movies,drugs,parties,etc,etc.Oh,yeah the new system is just around the corner,oh,so close,soon ,any minute.Store up treasures in heaven where no one can steal your hard earn salvation. Work hard going from door to door.They don't waste money on fancy trips,sports,latest fads.

bob

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I believe this is the dark horse. People will either ask why is the borg letting me suffer after I did my part or why is God letting me suffer now that I have given my life to him. I fear that because I am now preparing for that my wife will not leave because she will have health care. Kind of a catch 22 with persons like us who now will prepare. If we can get the message out like the televangelists now that are feeling pressure from the congress and now the TV media we could have something here. How many have seen the televangelist investigation be Congress? I think to shake up the government Ron Paul should be a viable candidate. What do you think?

One

• The Humper
    The Humper

has anyone ever tried to sue the wtb&ts because of being told to do more service, not go to college, and get low paying jobs like janitor, window cleaner, etc.?

the wtb&ts should be held responsible for the destruction of so many lives. i keep trying to tell my mom that pioneering for the last 13 yrs is good enough to jehovah and the org and she needs to get a full time job to pay for all her debts and her truck. she has worked part time her whole life so she has no retirment fund, no 401k, nothing. so what does she do instead of getting a full time job? she files for bankruptcy!!!! she doesnt even have a life insurance plan because she thinks she isnt going to die because the system of things is going to end before she dies! so when she croaks im going to be stuck with all her debt. she doesnt own a house, never has. so she has no estate, she lives paycheck to paycheck and relies on her tax return to pay for her time off to go to the conventions.

i swear someone needs to file a class action lawsuit againt the wtb&ts so they will be held responsible for this kind of destruction!

• inactive?
    inactive?

Hey, I have seen things like this, and some of it has happened to us ( and our 21 year old clunker car that could not make it to convention so neither did we) after years of driving others to meetings, cause that is what pioneers do. we were told oh you did it for repay? All we wanted was to hitch a ride to Denver, we would a helped with gas. ThT WAS IN 2005, no convention since. Gotta get a better car.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I agree a class action would be appropriate. And what attorney in his right mind would not take that case because a jury now-a-days is sympathetic toward people who are hurt or taken advantage of. With all of the money the society has they would be a prime target.

One

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit