Oil Nears $100/Barrel--What Do You Make of It?

by owenfieldreams 31 Replies latest jw friends

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071101/D8SKQ1PO0.html

Looks like we here in the good ole US of A may be paying $3.50/ gallon when spring hits next year, if this trend continues. China's predominantly state-owned oil company surpassed Exxon today in market value, and they are currently drilling not far off the coast of Florida(by way of Cuba). I say we need to open up exploration immediately in ANWAR and increase drilling in the gulf, and also off the coast of California. What are your thoughts?

• BIG D
    BIG D

please do something , other than the current nothing, mainly cars that get more mileage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big d

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oil is becoming more expensive and renewable energy is becoming less expensive. It is just a matter of time before the two prices intersect. Once that happens we will see a massive shift of in investment money from oil based investments into renewable energy investments.

Once massive amounts of money moves into renewable energy the cost will fall drastically resulting in a new era of clean and affordable energy.

I saw this coming some time ago and started investing in renewable energy index funds. I've been sitting back watching the money roll in.

Those who invested in computer technology in the 1980's have made fortunes over the last 17 years. The money that is to be made in renewable energy will make that look like chump change.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

there are still too many idiots driving hummers

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Elsewhere:

Care to let us know in which particular funds you have invested?

Justitia

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

PBW

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=pbw

I'm also holding Gold (GLD) as the dollar is dropping. This helps to stabilize my portfolio.

• 5go
    5go

Simple the Sauds and OPEC are tired of taking paper.

• dinah
    dinah

You have a freaking portfolio?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Imagine how expensive it would be if we hadn't invaded Iraq.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    You have a freaking portfolio?

It's not that big of a deal. Odds are most of the people here have one of some sort. It just means one owns some sort of investment security... stocks, bonds, IRA's, 104k's, money market accounts, etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit