Growing a Beard.

by Priest73 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

So, Why is it that we (XY Chromosomes) feel obligated to grow beards once we leave the org? I've had a little 'chin' beard for about the last 8 years, but every year in November I try to grow the whole thing out... but inevitably I fail miserably. Maybe my facial follicles are still JWs. I don't know. Anyone else have this problem?

• Priest73
    Priest73

slooooowly growing.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Yeah, when I found out about this no beard or chin hair "commandment"...it solidified my thoughts they are brainwashed. Sorry to those who still have family in. It is what it is. But I don't mean to upset you.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Love beards, growing my winter full beard out right now, for those frigid Canadian winters...

• Priest73
    Priest73

doesn't upset me. I still give the ole community college try. every year.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I like beards. They keep my face warm, and besides I hate the feel of cold steel on my face. The only disadvantage to beards I can think of is if you're starting to get a runny nose from being out in the cold, you often don't know it till it falls off your mustache onto your shirt. ;-)

• Priest73
    Priest73

I hear ya. I save leftovers in my goatee.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I grew a beard twice and it itched so bad I mowed it off. Right now I have a moustache and soul patch, just enough to annoy my JW family.

• Priest73
    Priest73

yeah... Mine's at the itch phase right now, but I'm committed to another two weeks.

• BFD
    BFD

Funny you should ask. I started growin my beard out two weeks ago. It's at the point now where I need to trim my mustache and goatee down to a one so it will blend better. Mine comes in fast. Then again, my grandma had a moustache.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit