I miss this place

by StillGroggy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, Groggy! Blondie's given me a new idea on when to best talk about witness stuff to a partner. She's observed that even five or six weeks away from the meetings, a person is more independent-minded. This happens for instance, when a witness ends up in the hospital or has some other event that prevents them from going to the meeting.

The time away, plus the apparent lack of interest from the "brothers and sisters" can be a big wake-up call.

Along with a plan to break it to the wife, what if you plan a cruise or something? Treat you both to a decent time away?

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Admins, So sorry about that F Bomb. Please forgive :)

BetterDaze, When I first came on this board, I was still a JW in my mind. This board, and the awesome supportive attitude of everyone here was a big part of my awakening. I'll never forget that. The support system of Ex-JWs and Non-JWs I've built aside from this board is all people I'd lost contact with because of the Cult, so I felt it necessary to undo some of the damage I'd done, plus I missed them.

AuldSoul, I've come a long way. Still haven't come out of the apostate closet, but I'm getting there. Thanks for thinking about me.

Jgnat & Blondie, so funny that you mention a cruise. I'm planning on talking with my wife after we get back from our cruise in November. I wasn't doing this for the reason you mention, just because I didn't wan't to have to cancel the cruise (its with a jw couple) However, what you mentioned reminds me of how Steve Hassan got out of the Moonies when he landed in the hospital. Also, I have noticed that my wife is more normal and less judgemental after missing even 1 Meeting. Being gone for two weeks might help. Great advice.

Unfortunately, I had developed a defeatist attitude when it came to my situation, but reading Steve Hassan's book is helping me feel empowered and less afraid, and more positive about how things may go with my wife if I can manage to be smart about it.

We'll see,

- SG

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Bit by bit and in you own time, and just don't give up!

You can do it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit