Earth will or will not pass/fade away?

by bite me 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bite me
    bite me

I've learned that JW's are taught that the current earth will never fade or pass away, how is that possible if our bibles tell us that it will.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The earth, as long lasting (to us) as it may seem, will pass away just like any other mechanical device.

• eclipse
    eclipse

because they counter that with the scriptures that states that the earth will remain to time indefinite. (their word for infinity).

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

When our sun starts to go super nova, I'm sure they will receive new light.

(yuk yuk)

• bite me
    bite me

I've seen more verses that the earth will be destroyed then none.

I've also

I think that would go back to the paradise scandal.. convincing people to join the religion to live on paridise earth forever. I think I would like my fluffy little cloud. I don't take up much room so I wouldn't mind even sharing a cloud with someone.

I'll come and haunt those on paridise earth with my sheet covering. lol jk.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I'll come and haunt those on paridise earth with my sheet covering. lol jk.

For some reason I like you already name and all.... too bad I wont get to know you.

• bite me
    bite me

lol the name.. it was a joke. I was being silly Too bad it can't be changed, can it? Without registering again?

For the record, just so you all know, and there is no confussion, I am happily married. :-).

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH LOL!!! I didnt even notice the gender but... ok good for you!!!

btw biteme is a great name. keep it.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Every day, there is a 1 in 20,000 chance that a large meteor will hit the earth. Doesn't seem like much of a chance, unless you take into consideration how long human life on earth has existed and we haven't seen a meteor hit that can cause mass-destruction. My opinion, based on my faith in God, is that He wouldn't allow something like that to destroy us.

The Witnesses base their teaching of the earth never passing away on a combination of texts, including Psalm 37:11, where the "meek will possess the earth" and Ecclesiastes 1:4, where it says "the earth is standing even to time indefinite."

I don't know what role the earth will have in the New Jerusalem when it becomes established, I just know that I want to be a part of whatever God's plan is, whether it be in heaven as a spirit, at another location in the heavens as flesh, or on earth.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Laws of Thermodynamics and entrophy.

4 billion years from now, Sun goes supernova, then will become a white dwarf.

15 billion years or so, no more stars, universe will not be a hospitable place for them any longer.

A few billion years more, the universe itself will die from heat death.

(Mincan, of the ADHD aka Nothing Makes Me Happy (NMMH) crowd)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit