TRAGEDY ; YOUNG JW MOTHER DIES AFTER GIVING BIRTH

by stay young and beautiful 58 Replies latest jw friends

• stay young and beautiful
    stay young and beautiful

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/7078455.stm

A young mother has died after giving birth to twins, following claims that she had refused a blood transfusion because of her faith.

Jehovah's Witness, Emma Gough, 22, from Telford, Shropshire, gave birth on 25 October.

The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital is refusing to comment on reports that she had refused a blood transfusion.

Family friend Terry Lovejoy, said "they are going through an immense amount of turmoil and grief."

He added: "We follow the Bible and abstain from blood and I've got no reason to believe that Emma didn't share those views".

• Gill
    Gill

Follow the Bible! I don't think so!

If the Jehovah's Witnesses really followed the Bible they would observe this: 'I want MERCY, not SACRIFICE!'

Mercy is NOT something the WTBTS dishes out! It DEMANDS! sacrifice including human sacrifice!

This young woman's parents are total idiots to have brought her up in a sick mind control cult that forgives and covers up for convicted pedophiles but demans the lives of women and children!!

Shame on you WTBTS!! Read the writing on the wall!

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

A powerful anti-witness, though at the expense of more wasted and ruined lives, especially those of innocent children...

This strikes a chord with me, as I faced death (along with my JW mother) before I was born because of the blood issue.

"Look after widows and orphans in their tribulation..." how many orphans and widows has the WT created with this UNHOLY doctrine?

"Their sins have amassed clear up to heaven..."

• eclipse
    eclipse

What a waste.

We're not back in the 1800's where this was common place!

This death was preventable if all she needed was blood.

This religion needs to go down in flames.

• Gill
    Gill

There are several apologists replying to this article on line at the 'Sun' Newspaper site!

One claims to be a JW doctor and that blood transfusion will be obsolete within the next ten years. However, I remember JWs saying that blood transfusion would be obsolete way back in the 1970's!

Sometimes blood transfusion is the ONLY way to save a life! To fail to take it, or even fail to use it is CRIMINAL!

• vitty
    vitty

I hope this makes the family, especially the husband really question and research the blood doctrine. It may be too late for his wife but I hope its not too late for his children, who are going to be brought up with no mother AND in this religion.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I've been listening to this being discussed on radio 5 Live this morning. Paul Gillies raised his ugly head as the official JW spokesperson and sounded like a right idiot. One person who was pro-JW even said he was doing his cause no favours!

In all, most people were sympathetic and well balanced - but as usual the main relevent points weren't brought out because the presenters just don't know them.

This case will strengthen JWs belief and also those who oppose them.

At the bottom of it all is a family tragedy which probably wouldn't have happened except for their simplistic and erroneous beliefs on blood.

• Gill
    Gill

Good point dmouse! The media do not understand fully the implications of a JW taking a blood transfusion.

1 - They do not know and understand FULLY the implications of Shunning emotionally and mentally on a victim!

2 - They do not understand the literal translation of the Bible that the WT uses that does not corelate with any other translation.

3 - They do not know about the WT's real reasons for imposing the Blood transfusion ban which was to incite persecution on itself after the harrassments of the WW II were over with and the sought more attention and more differences!

4 - The media do not understand that the WT is a MIND CONTROL CULT and that it does not behave rationally!

5 - The media does not grasp fully its responsibility to warn people against dangerous cults such as the WTBTS!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I cannot imagine the grief and pain the family is going through right now....and if the family ever gets out of the mind numbing cult, do they not have every right to be "angry apostates"? The WTBTS takes takes takes so much from it's followers. It breaks my heart.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am sickened when this happens. Now the children have to grown up without their mother, knowing she chose to die over her God-given responsibility to do all she could to stay alive and raise her children. The WTS has extreme blood-guilt in manipulating people lives on this blood issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit