Reply to Prodigal Son e-mail

by skeeder 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skeeder
    skeeder

I sent an e-mail to someone with points showing how JW's miss the point of the parable. I won't post it but if anyone wants to read it, you can pm me.

Here is the reply from a supposed loyal , faithful Witness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had your email in my inbox for awhile now, and today I just had the chance to read it. I must say that I find it somewhat cowardly how you have attacked my religious beliefs while maintaining your aninimity. I don't have a lot of time to reason with unreasonable people so I will be very brief. You come from the pretend "Christian" churches that follow christ's example only in word. But in reality you're actions prove that you're in no way christian. If you were familiar with the scriptures you would know that the practice of disfellowshipping is a practice that we were advised to practice. 1 Cor. 5:11, Ecc. 9:18, 1 Cor. 5:13. Jesus himself even rebuked the congregation in Thyatira for tolerating a woman named Jezebel. Rev. 2:20. Know too that noone is disfellowshipped from the congregation for any reason other than unrepentance. I know that none of this matters to you. Even if you are confronted with the obvious fact that disfellowshipping is how the bible tells us to correct ones and keep the congregation pure, you will still say it is wrong because you are weak. You are no doubt a fine christian until the heat gets turned up. Then you are a coward. Your religious practices are all an act. I want to point out too that you have missed the entire point of the story of the prodigal son. The prodigal son was welcomed back to his father's household AFTER he had changed his ways. That's the whole point of the parable. Do you think the father would have been so happy to greet his son if he had showed up staggering drunk with a prostitute on his arm? Come on. Do you not see how twisted your logic is? You should speak to someone who has been disfellowshipped and then welcomed back into the congregation after making changes in their lives. More often than not they will tell you that it was the best thing that could have happened to them. Still, this is not the main point. The reason that Jehovah's Witnesses practice this is because God tells us to. I think we'll follow his guidance and not yours. I hope that you can someday get past your hatred for Jehovah's Witnesses, and your overall bitterness in general.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Typical ploy. They say they have no time for you while ignoring Paul preached in the JEWISH synagogues for days upon days even though the men there hated him so much they wanted to kill him.

• Mary
    Mary

There is an excellent article on shunning/DF'ing here, that proves that the Witnesses' view and practice of it, is nothing like what is laid out in the scriptures. If you plan on emailing this person back, you should show them this link: http://www.xjw.com/shunning.html

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

how long did the prodical son have to sit in the back of the KH? Months? Years?

I don't think so.

lisa

• lawrence
    lawrence

The Prodigal Son is still sitting in the back row of the KH waiting for a loving Father, but ... there isn't one. So year after year hoping for kindness - from heartless hypocrits and legalistic shitbums. Not gonna' happen!

• dawg
    dawg

Why would you pick the prodigal son or disfellowshippment for a debate? You know they have some sembelance of scriptual support for this pratice? I'd stick to things I know they can't win-like questioning the FADS-not a disfellowshipping offense

• skeeder
    skeeder
    You know they have some sembelance of scriptual support for this pratice?

Actually the Prod Son wasn't DF'd.

My point is the reinstatement process does not resemble in principle the way the father dealt with him.

S

• skeeder
    skeeder
    Why would you pick the prodigal son or disfellowshippment for a debate?

I have gotten to the point where I really don't care what they teach or do except where it has a bad effect on people's lives. An effect that is beyond their control.

If a person is trying to live a Christian life and is in fact doing so as well as the other JW's, and they are still shunned while the JC is waiting for more proof of repentance, I have a passion to help anyone I can to see that this is wrong.

I don't have a passion for most of the other stuff.

S

• skeeder
    skeeder

Mary

Thanks for the link.

That really IS an excellent article I had never seen.

I think this point is awesome---------IN RED

2 John 8-10) . . .. 9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him. . .

If the scripture at 2 John 10 were observed literally by Jehovah's Witnesses, they would be obliged to never invite anyone other than a Jehovah's Witness in good standing into their home, or ever speak a greeting to anyone other than a Jehovah's Witness.

S

• Honesty
    Honesty

Just my opinion here as to a reply...

We were called to be witnesses not judges

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit