JWs right in front of my flat

by InquiryMan 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

This is actually the first time I saw the JWs preaching in my immediate neighborhood. I watched, and lo and behold, two men dressed in dark blue with bags... Of course I knew them, one was a brother I have known for decades, and I knew the other brother too.... I decided to hurry on in order to finish my breakfast,take a shower, put on a nice sweater and go out and deliver my litter.... (literal)... When I came out, there were not only those two present, but a group of 7 witnesses, doing group witnessing, obviously comparing notes right in front of my yard... I put on my brightest smile, looks the elder right in the eye saying a pleasant hello and walks to do my business. Of course he just stands there dumbfounded and flabbergasted. No one dares to look my way... Going back, the elder has moved to the other side of the group, in order to be less visible.... They play with the cat of my ex-wife,who lives next to me.... Although I am allergic, i take the cat and talks to eat cheerfully.

It was a rather strange experience. I rejoiced that they had nice weather to preach in, that they did their thing. On the other hand, I felt so liberated, since it is not for my anymore. And they owe the problem of shunning,not me... It is just so unnatural, ignoring someone you have known for decades. What would Jesus do? He who talked to the samarate woman, and many wonderful parables....

But I do not hold it against them, I would have done the same, standing in their shoes. We are on different planets now...

• Mystery
    Mystery

Baptist came to my door this morning. I knew they weren't JW's because they were dressed in jeans, a lightweight jacket and they were laughing and talking.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Great feeling, isn't it, Inquiry?

You dealt with it PERFECTLY. Make them squirm... shunning is THEIR creation and THEIR problem, not yours.

Cheers,
    Baba

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit