Besides C of C, which book is best?

by sacrebleu 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

As far as Bibles go, for ease of reading, I'd suggest the CEV - Contemporary English Version. http://www.bibles.com/

A good book is also "The Master", by John Pollock.

BUT... for seeing what is behind the JW curtain...

I'd have to recommend Bill Cetnar's book "Questions for Jehovah's Witnesseswho love the truth"

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The Gentile Times book is a must.

I also suggest "When Time Shall Be No more" By Paul Boyer. It's a real eye opener into modern prophecy belief in America. You realize that what JW's do isn't special at all but instead is part of a behavioral pattern for fundamentalist religions.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I also suggest "When Time Shall Be No more" By Paul Boyer. It's a real eye opener into modern prophecy belief in America. You realize that what JW's do isn't special at all but instead is part of a behavioral pattern for fundamentalist religions.

Thanks.

That sounds interesting.

• hubert
    hubert

"Out of the Cocoon" is very good. It is a true life experience. I just finished reading "Growing Up In Mama's Club, which is also very good, and both books are well written.

"Captives of a Concept" would be my first choice, also.

I just started My Christian Quest", and after reading only the first four paragraphs, was almost in tears, so I know this book will be very good, also.

There is a book called "The Truth Book", by Joy Castro, that I recommend also. It's a hard read at first, but is a superb book. You have to get past the first 5 chapters first, then it gets "heavy". In the first 5 chapters, Joy tends to flip back and forth to the past, and so it's hard to grasp where she is at the moment, but once you really sit down and read through this, you won't be able to put it down. A lot of people on this forum have tried to read it and got discouraged while only into a few chapters. But, In my honest opinion, this is a must read, either sooner or later.

Hubert

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Power of now by Eckhart Tolle

Any book by Byron Katie

Look for stuff online "Adyashanti" -"Gangaji" most can be be seen on you tube as well , very cleaminded insite into the human condition and a real message to bring HEALING to your spirit not just some fluffy feel good nonsense , in fact it might not make you feel good at all , but it will introduce some clarity if you are in need .

• hubert
    hubert

Seeing we are on this subject and I mentioned "Out of the Cocoon" by Brenda Lee as a very good choice to read soon, I would like to add that when I ordered Brenda's book, she also included all her 2006 "Newsletters".

I read them all, and found them absolutely awesome! In fact, I just ordered the 2007 Newsletters. Brenda loads her newsletters with information, poems, articles, true stories, you name it, it's there. I can't wait to start receiving the 2007 newsletters. It's like getting another book.

Hubert

• blondie
    blondie

Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron

Combatting Cult Mind Control and Releasing the bonds, both by Steve Hassan

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse by David Johnson and Jeff VanVonderen

Captive Hearts, Captive Minds by Tobias and Lauch

• TD
    TD

Visions of Glory - A History and a Memory of Jehovah's Witnesses

Barbara Grizzutti Harrison

The late Ms. Harrison was a proof-reader at Bethel in the 1950's

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

The Bible good for anything, let alone for deprogramming? I have to agree. The more you read the Bible without the assumption that it has supernatural origin, the more you realize that it is total shit and nothing more. Then your eyes are opened to how silly you have been your whole life giving super powers to an inanimate object. Read the Bible by all means. But start from a place of demanding that it proves itself true BEFORE you believe it. I think 99% of Boble readers already have their minds made up that it is true before they read Gen. 1:1. The rest of the time they spend trying to manipulate information from the environment to support a ridiculous mythology book. I honestly and openly laugh at all believers in the Bible. They are cult members still, they just look to a stupid book now istead of a Governing Body. This is a lateral move, not progress.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Hi Shawn,

Don't agree with you about the Bible but stand by your right to have that opinion. I have faith in the Bible just not the JW way of taking Scriptures out of context and twising them. And yes a lot of other religions do the same thing. I agree.

sacrebleu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit