So what does the av jdub do with all the "old light" books?

by rose petal 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rose petal
    rose petal

Hi, posting on another thread, I asked this question. I would like to know - what do they do with the 'old light' books? Are they just dust-collectors?

Does it not occur to them that they have a pile of books that they are not allowed to read? What about the bound volumes? Do they read them?

rose petal

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

So what does the av jdub do with all the "old light" books?...Whatever the Org tells them to.

Seriously, I think that JWs believe by just owning a pile of WT literature is a safeguard against demons/armaggedon etc.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I reckon that some post them on e-bay... now that they have the CD - everything that they need is on there so need to look at those old musty books .

So... I actually have a lot of duplicates of fairly old JW books, and some bound volumes.

Is anyone interested in having them for an apostate library ? I can post a list of duplicates if you like...

AO

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Probably 20 years ago I was helping my parents clean out and they actually let me throw out some old duplicate books the kids had that were written all over and looked really bad. They still had several copies of the same books. I took them to the public dumpster with the rest of the garbage.

Some crazy 'sister' found some of those books - guess she was going through the dumpsters - and raised holy hell about what a disgrace it was to throw literature away. Apparently it was sacred or something. Well, after that my parents would never let me throw any literature away. It was been piling up ever since. I did box up a lot for my father to take to the KH for their library. He never did take it so I slowly slipped it away to the garbage.

When I was cleaning up around their house a couple weeks ago I ran across a little box of some old records my father had of book study attendance, public talk & WT attendance, slips for individual bible studies, magazine subscriptions, etc. Never knew they kept such detailed stuff.

I got rid of all of mine many years ago. Now only have the Reasoning book and just got a copy of the Interlinear Bible from my aunt.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not know where the myth comes from that dubs "Are not allowed to read old books" - It is a fine thing (dubspeak I know) in their minds to have a personal library going back many years . We always did and still keep them. Try prising the wife away from her old Aid book, "much better than that awkward Insight book"

My wife's congregation has an impressive library going back to some of Russells works. I kill time there before meetings when we go. I keep telling them that they are worth serious money on E bay but I don't think they believe me.

• oompa
    oompa

This is a no brainer. We must keep them because in not too many years this will once again be new light. As soon as we hit 67 years of teaching Jesus came in 1914 (which is real soon), we will revert back to what was taught the previous 67 years which is Jesus came in 1874. All the old WT will just be reprinted for those that do not have copies......oompa

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

THEY LOOK GREAT WHEN YOU PUT THEM ON THE SHELF AND DON"T REFER TO THEM EVER AGAIN

As told by a Circuit Oerseer to a morning group meeting for field service.

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

Personally... bonfire.

And I must add that I adore books. They are a huge my life, but the ones that are patently false...bonfire.

No, I am not kidding.

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

Hmm... that should have read...they are a huge PART of my life. And, did I mention that I am not your average JW. As a matter of fact, I am no longer a JW.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

well the fact of the matter is.......... those books have blatantly different words in them than the dang cd does......... why? because they live only for two things................. to fleece the flock........... and to cover their own asses.

remember when they provided binders for your copys of the wt and awake? they quit doing that........ you wanna know why? because if you keep the old copys of the magazines they say tons of wrong things according to that so called new light. so they want you to dump them after you get the bound volume for that year............... because in that book they will have changed any doctrine they need to to whatever the NEW LIGHT says.

so you got the cd................. you look up the info you need and then you prepare your talk........ cutting and pasteing the pertinent info and then print it out........... that way you dont have to carry those huge volumes. so if the article is in a bound volume older than 10 years........... you just use the cd instead........... and when they make the new cd........... they change stuff on that as well. cause you KNOW they NEVER SAID 75 WAS THE YEAR............... it was misled brothers.................. unless you show them the tons of places in an original pre 75 wt where it is printed.

plauseable denyability................... also known as bulls*** or CYA

the watchtowers motto and mission statement

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit