Good bye, Dial Up ...

by compound complex 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good for you. I made the jump to light speed a year back. Can't go back.

Jeff

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Mostly getting used to a keyboard with a different "feel." Don't know how else to explain it.

I know what you mean CoCo, I'm still getting used to my laptop screen and I've had it since January!

BB

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, dear friends:

Thank you again for the thoughts and "guidance." I was rather excited about the new system and woke up - typically around 3:00 a.m. - and went to my laptop. You see, I've NEVER had sound. I clicked on some ad page and got a talking Tylenol advertisement! SOUND from people with moving lips. One step further and I clicked on Yahoo music and got 25 top hits [NOT my top hits]. Adventurous as I could possibly feel in the wee hours, I said 'enough,' but couldn't turn it off! I ended up having to shut down the system completely. The music continued to play even through the screensaver.

I think I have a very long way to go ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

I had forgotten about this thread till today.

It was necessary to have my modem reset today for reasons I received from a patient and helpful technician but still don't quite understand. Something about customer error regarding use of passwords and/or a defective Motorola modem ...

It's great having back my own high-speed connection. I'd been relying on unpredictable wifi signals for 6 months.

Thanks for reading!

CoCo

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Forget the modem (though I'm glad it's fixed now)--how are you doing, CoCo?

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, you *waves*

It's all so complicated now, and techies never quite seem to believe that we might not be utterly clueless,,, their patience is great, but yes, I DO have the power turned on (hehehe) --- loving the 20mBps myself. yowza, high speed rocks!

tal

PS. I remember dialup before the WWW ---- OY, you could only 'talk' to government machines and private networks that you were related to in business. arrghh,,,, I'm OLD :D

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, GL and Talesin, for your posts. !

I'm much better, Tirebiter. I appreciate your asking. Though the fog in the brain lingers, my speaking has improved. Most frustrating is the slow thought processing that often precedes a simple action on my part.

Waves back at Talesin.

I've had to talk recently (with some difficulty) to many professional people vis-a-vis both my medical concerns and tech-related problems on the ATT and the Internet communication fronts. All were courteous, helpful and patient.

Didn't know that about the "old days" of earlier computer set-ups. Thanks for sharing that!

All the best,

CoCo de la bonne sante'

• talesin
    talesin

CoCo

You have more class in your little finger than a roomful of the average person.

I hope your symptoms clear --- do you have effasia? I have two really close friends (one just had brain surgery, the other was beaten by a squeegee kid a few years ago) who are suffering with that. It's REALLY frustrating and I understand. ((((HUG)))) Brain fog, yeah, PTSD+fibromyalgia+menopause, well, let's just say I can empathize and leave it at that!

tal

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Talesin, for empathizing.

I'm sorry for what you are dealing with. It is painful, I realize.

The term you used may apply. When I'm tired I revert back to impossibly slow speech and the progress I seem to have made goes south. Takes time ... time ... time....

Somehow, we carry on ...

Love,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit