Moving on... advice needed

by bluesbreaker59 13 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

No one is worth giving up the thing you love.

If they really loved you, they would support you in whatever makes you happy -music.

They would Not ask you to give it up.

I think you dumping her was a good decision, based on your side of the story.

Hopefully your current girl will let go of any insecurity and just enjoy being with you and you with her.

No need for any heavy expectations, and let her know this.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

And that's been what's so refreshing about the "current girl"... Since we've been friends, we've went to a lot of concerts together, we both love vintage blues and jazz, and really love swing blues. So we went out a lot, and hung out a lot listening to music or going to see local bands, and she pushes my musical side really hard, loves that I'm a musician part time, etc. We also like to have deep conversations about religion, politics, news, opinions on various hot button topics, and just hitting up local vineyards to try out new wine. Then also we love to cook, and try new restaurants, or just go drinking on the weekends. Its been such a light weight relationship thus far, with no expectations, of anything more than just having a great time. We were introduced at a blues club, by some mutual friends, and just really hit it off. So that's the full length story. But I really don't want to push anything and screw it up, that would totally suck, since I've waited so patiently on this to come around.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Just don't expect the next one to work out. If you can, keep friends close and stay busy doing other things you like to do for a while.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Write a country western song about it.

Suggested title: "Darlin', I Was Leaving You Sooner or Later Anyhow, But Cheatin' Made it Sooner."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit