How A Group Can Close a Diner

by WTWizard 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wizard,

I never liked big groups when I went out. I just like going out with no more than three people. A big group is no more than a three ring circus and causes confusion and sometimes hurt feelings and I refused to go anywhere when there was a big group involved.

Never mind that there is always a con-artist who doesn't have enough money or supposedly 'loses' their wallet when it comes time to pay the check. Besides, you can't relate to that many people at one time anyway.

LHG

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

hell they shoulda put up a sign...................... for religous partys of more than 8 we charge a 20% gratuity...............

they can try to say that there is only 6 at my table..... but they could say.......... the entire diner is your party so fraking pay up or get out. lol then it would be worth having the extra staff and makeing them stay late.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm a good tipper, and on several occasions I caught different JWs in the act of trying to scoop the tip I left. They'd hang back or go back to the table for some reason while others were halfway to the door, and try to take the tip I left. Either that, or someone would inevitably take advantage of someone else's intended tip to help pay for their own meal. I eventually avoided going to restaurants with groups of JWs. If there were JWs in a restaurant I'd sit at a separate table and always be on a separate check.

When it comes to money, JWs are both the cheapest and most dishonest people I've ever known.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

I have to agree with most of what has been posted.

On those rare occasions that I went anywhere with JW's, someone always tried to take advantage.

Either it was refusing to tip appropriately or mooching off someone else's plate.

It's strange how I never had that problem with "worldly" people.

Sylvia

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I was almost always embarrased when going out to eat with a group of JWs. Invariably, at least one of them wanted some sort of special treatment or accomodation for themselves. And then on top of that, they don't want to pay! They just expect the rest of the group to pick up their tab! What the hell? Nope. I don't ever want to go out anywhere with any of them ever. I'd rather go out with a bunch of cleptomaniac satan worshipers.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

A lot of witnesses from my experience seemed to be good customers. Some of them however were very tight when it came to leaving tips, My wife and I have always believed in leaving good tips it equates to good service upon your return after they get to know who you are (customer wise that is). We have several restaurants they we frequent and we always get served well there and we leave 18-25% tips for that good service. My wife does have a couple of sisters with her at times who mooch off of her plate and don't want to pay for anything, my wife just puts up with it and pays for them a lot of the times. I have told her she is too kind and shouldn't put up with it all the time, once in awhile okay, but all the time baby they are taking advantage of you. The few times we have went to restaurants near closing time we have always asked if its okay because we don't want to be a problem. I mean if you are really hungry there is always an all night diner some where close by that is open I.e. Denny's!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit