One Year Anniversary

by NanaR 5 Replies latest jw friends

• NanaR
    NanaR

Today is my one year anniversary at JWD :-)

I was lurking here for a couple of weeks before that, but I joined a year ago today.

One of the first people who welcomed me was "fullofdoubtnow". Oh well...

The same day that I registered here, I attended my first Roman Catholic Mass. I am now in RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation), and will be baptized at the Easter Vigil this coming Spring.

I've made good friends on this board. I have yet to get together in person, but I've spoken to several people on the telephone and they are real people *hah*. I hope to meet some XJWs in person next summer. Jeff Schwehm is planning a Catholic XJW Conference next July.

I am on myspace - http://www.myspace.com/rleone3 . If you want to add me, you need to know that my last name is Leone.

I have started to tell the story of my journey from 5th generation JW to ethical agnostic to Roman Catholic. I am writing the story in installments. The first few are found here: http://nanaruthann.blogspot.com .

Thanks to everyone here who helped me to recover from a lifetime of JW indoctrination and find freedom in Jesus Christ. Even those of you who don't believe in God or in the Bible have helped in your own way -- you made me realize that I really did not want to be you ;-)

Love to all,

Ruth aka NanaR

• noni1974
    noni1974

Congrats.

Catholics are my new fasination.I intend to go to mass on day.I am really curious sisnce I went to a catholic wedding a few weeks back and got to see the wedding mass.

I say if it makes you happy go for it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey NanaR -

I resemble this remark:

Even those of you who don't believe in God or in the Bible have helped in your own way -- you made me realize that I really did not want to be you ;-)

Even though I'm a non-believer, I still am glad to associate with all types of folk here on this board. Freedom of choice is what leaving the JW's is all about. Some choose belief, others of us don't.

We may fuss over different world-views, but in the end hopefully we're choosing what WE want, rather than following dictatorship from a clueless group of men.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Hey Gopher:

Didn't you catch my wink?

I travelled through agnostic land. I have many friends who live there. But I have realized that it's not for me.

Your mileage may vary.

Ruth

• changeling
    changeling

Happy Anniveesary! All Saints Day at that!

changeling

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Congratulations NanaR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit