Join the religion of peace, or they'll.....

by emy the infidel 2 Replies latest social humour

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

I heard a good story yesterday, true as well. Some American and British troops were training together. Some yelled out, "Join the religion of peace...or they'll kill ya!". Someone else yelled out, "If we hadn't fought the nazi's, we'd all be speaking german." This continued back through history until an American yelled out, "If we hadn't fought the British....we'd all be speaking.....?" A British soldier finished it for him by yelling, "Damn tax-dodgers!" LOL

• oompa
    oompa

I guess it dawned on the American it would have still been "English" albeit "proper." Yes we dodged the tax, as in "Boston Tea Party", but I think it started more as a flight for religious freedom. There....it rears it's ugly head, or heads (CLIMAX book) again...........hahaha I just got to say head and CLIMAX in the same sentence...............oompa

• 5go
    5go
    I guess it dawned on the American it would have still been "English" albeit "proper." Yes we dodged the tax, as in "Boston Tea Party", but I think it started more as a flight for religious freedom. There....it rears it's ugly head, or heads (CLIMAX book) again...........hahaha I just got to say head and CLIMAX in the same sentence...............oompa

No it started because of a little known ( today atleast back then it was walmart of it's day ) Tea corporation getting a tax break from the king on imported tea to the colonies. Which screwed the local importers. Those importers were then forced to become smugglers to compete with said tea corporation. Then they and their lawyers became the founding fathers, and said to hell with London; and that is now history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit