Possible good news for Spelling perfectionists.

by misanthropic 15 Replies latest jw friends

• erynw
    erynw
    I would love a spell checker on JWD!

I'll volunteer Changeling. That's two eyes of newts, instead of one. You're welcome.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no don't say you're a Mac hater ;-) You do computer work right- are you a programmer?

Come on- I can't believe no one else has the upgrade and has no opinion-

I know there's much better features with the new OS but what I do on mine is limited; I've only noticed the simple things that make me happy

• erynw
    erynw
    Oh no don't say you're a Mac hater ;-) You do computer work right- are you a programmer?

Not really a Mac hater, I'm more apathetic towards them. I'm not into graphic design or a gamer so I may change my mind if I were. Macs rule, how's that?

I am the webmaster (webmistress?) for 3 sites where I work and all around A+ certified computer repairing geekette.

• poppers
    poppers

I don't have the Leopard update on my iMac but I do use Firefox, which has a spell checker built in. Works great.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes Firefox does have a spelling checker, it is one of the many extra addons they offer and has to be downloaded for the browser to acquire this function. In fact they have spell checkers for quite a few languages. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:3

Opera also has a spell checker function but adding it is more fiddly than a mere download.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I am the webmaster (webmistress?) for 3 sites where I work and all around A+ certified computer repairing geekette.

Pretty cool, I bet that comes in handy.

I don't have the Leopard update on my iMac but I do use Firefox, which has a spell checker built in. Works great.

I never did see that spell checker but I heard people mention it before. This update spell checks everything you type as you type it no matter what browser your in or application- at least as far as I've noticed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit