I NEED AN AWAKE PRE 95

by vitty 7 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

I need to show a family member what the Awake used to say before the generation change. They dont believe me and for some reason I dont have one !! I need to show them the actual mag.

I live in Europe, so if anyone wants to post one to me, can they pm me and I will give you my address.

Thanks !!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I have a scan of the Oct 22 1995 Awake masthead. I think it's the last one before the change in wording. I threw all my hard copies in the recycling though.

W

• freetosee
    freetosee

You can also show them from the "You can live forever..." book, if you still have one.

Or maybe ask them to see for themselves in the KH Library.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

AWAKE magazine published the following statement in every issue prior to November 1995:

“Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away.”

After November 1995, the reference to 1914 generation is deleted:

“Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.”

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Its amazing how well the watchtower rewrites history and then simply forgets the truth of their pass. Don’t be surprised if once you show them the cover it won’t make a difference, in fact they’ll probably get upset with you for daring to claim that the WTS isn’t the true religion. There are lots of old Watchtower Main-study articles that deal with that very subject of the 1914 generation won’t pass away before the end comes, but of course that was before the new light.!

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Vitty:

Hi Vitty:

I can scan you a copy of page 4 of the Awake, December 22, 1994 that shows the wording.

I sent you a pm.

P.S.- I am not sure how to attach a copy to this post. If anyone can give me a lesson, that would be great.

Ronin 1

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

alt

Compare with :-

alt

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Blues Brother:

How did you attach the copy?

Ronin1

Share this