Was the WTS correct?

by chappy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Religion (in the general sense) is a natural and unavoidable manifestation of the human condition, as necessary to our psychological being as is blood to our physical being. Our continued participation in such discussions as this is proof thereof...and therefore, I submit that JWD is just as much a "religion" as being a JW--with a few unique twists and turns, but nonetheless a religion (in the general sense).

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I think a really good definition of religion is needed , one that would allow everyone that thinks a relgion is more than a social group was exposed to , one that would explain how our sense of spirituality has nothing to do with the outside of a person ,

one that would explain how the end of religion would mean that all people would be free of the many delusions that blind most to the state of thier conditioned existence

But as long as someone gets a charge out of selling the "truth" this definition will most likley be viewed as heresy or apostacy or some other nonsense

So a long as there is a selfish desire in individuals, religion will flourish

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Based on current events, do you think the WTS could be at least partially correct on their prediction about organized religion being banned by many governments or even some future UN mandate

Current events show me that religion is more entrenched than ever ...do not assume that the world is the same all over , ..The Soviets tried to ban it but it survived....and the Borg has been wrong about everything else

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Trying to ban it will only backfire I think. People need to move away from it naturally. As we learn more about the universe, the gaps for a god are getting smaller and more people are realizing this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit