Lurkers! What criticisms of the Watchtower org do you allow?

by PopeOfEruke 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Any JW's here?

Just wondering what criticisms of the JW organisation you allow yourselves to ponder?

We all know that we were taught that the organisation is not perfect, but most JW's I know refuse to acknowledge any criticism of any kind. It's as if the organisation is a sacred hold idol which must never had bad things said about it....It's as if JW's treat the organisation as perfect.

What sort of criticism do you personally abide?

Pope

• Salivating Dog
    Salivating Dog

They are a bit too self-righteous for my taste.

I am not into hypocrites

• Salivating Dog
    Salivating Dog

But I would never punish someone who was just following orders...I like people who follow orders.

Especially when they point out their superior who came up with, and gave them the order.

I then keep going up the chain of command until someone admits and takes responsiblity for coming up with, and giving the order.

Then he has a choice...tap out and admit his error.

Or face the humilation of me presenting undeniable proof of his ignorance and arrogance to his troops who follow him.

Right to his face.

Tap out...or I will gladly help you.

I enjoy challenges you know.

• 5go
    5go

Could a lurker that replies to this really be considered a lurker?

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I'm pretty new here, so I have to guess that a "lurker" is someone who comes to read, but doesn't reply or post, possibly because they are still in the org but have entertained doubts, right? I'm still in the org and not fully ready to give it up myself, but also have young children who were raised in it to do a lot of explaining to if I left, especially since their DF'd mother is trying to get back in and would use my leaving the org as another excuse to keep the kids from me. Here are some things I think are right about JW doctrine;
    1. There is no trinity
    2. Hell is the grave
    3. People don't have souls, they are souls
    4. There will be an earthly paradise
    These four just about cover anything else doctrinally that might come up.
    Things I am critical of include;
    1. Meaning of and identity of the "faithful and discreet slave"
    2. Articles such as the "Question Box" in the September "Kingdom Ministry" which tell us we can't do independent bible study or research and that all of our
    info must come from the "FDS"
    3. The "cronyism" that I have witnessed in my congregation and which many others have confirmed goes on in theirs as well.
    4. 99% of your value as a JW depends on your field service time. 10+ hourse a month buys you any privilege you can possibly qualify for. under 10 hours means
    you're just there to boost attendance.
    5. Jesus = Michael the archangel. I clearly see the org's reasoning on this, but in my eyes there is still room for doubt.
    6. The 144,000. Not that I disagree so much with the possibility that this is a literal number, but how do we know who they really are, and why, in some cases,
    elders have been known to convince some that they are mistaken and that they shouldn't partake at the memorial. This seems odd.
    7. Many other WTS policies. I don't think there should be an "elder" book that the rest of the congregation isn't allowed to see. I don't think the WTS should
    send the elders letters that aren't shared with the whole congregation UNLESS it is pertaining to a specific judicial matter that is no one else's business.
    That's my 2 cents for now!

• lurker
    lurker

There was a time that for many years I was in total agreement with everything that the Watchtower had to say. But in the last few years I have come to doubt a large percentage of their teachings. IE 587/607 and thus the F&D slave. The elder arrangment, having been one for well over thirty years. I have seen too much hypocracy , outright deceit and lies. The child abuse issue, I could tell you much about this having sat on several cases. But to do so will expose me and I can not afford to loose my family right now. All in all there is just too much wrong to beleive and accept anything that they say!

• flipper
    flipper

SALIVATING DOG and LURKER and any other lurkers here. If you do enjoy challenges as you say, Salivating, then could you please reply to the question I asked all lurkers on my thread questioning why you feel the governing body has not informed you witnesses of the child molestation lawsuit settlements with witness abuse victims who were forced into silence by a gag order by the GB? Do you allow this kind of questioning and criticism ? Will these abuse settlements be discussed at an upcoming service meeting? Or do you know ? Please reply here or I will bump up my thread for you to reply on. Or have your elders informed you of this molestation crisis within the organization ? Please inform, peace out, Mr. Flipper

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Interesting replies.

I have JW relatives who will not entertain any criticism of the Org at all, which means that they must think the organsiation is perfect! But if you ask them then they say "But the organisation is not perfect, it is made up of imperfect men".

So their mind allows them to believe oppostite things at the same time.

Pope

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    We all know that we were taught that the organisation is not perfect,

Yeah, but that is only for the society to cover their ass, if and when they make a mistake. We were also taught that questioning them is the same as questioning Jehovah. Therein lies the paradox. They're inspired by god until they're wrong. Then they're only imperfect human beings who never presumed to speak for god.

• lurker
    lurker

SALIVATING DOG and LURKER and any other lurkers here. If you do enjoy challenges as you say, Salivating, then could you please reply to the question I asked all lurkers on my thread questioning why you feel the governing body has not informed you witnesses of the child molestation lawsuit settlements with witness abuse victims who were forced into silence by a gag order by the GB? Do you allow this kind of questioning and criticism ? Will these abuse settlements be discussed at an upcoming service meeting? Or do you know ? Please reply here or I will bump up my thread for you to reply on. Or have your elders informed you of this molestation crisis within the organization ? Please inform, peace out, Mr. Flipper Mr Flipper It is my beleif that they are too arrogant to tell the congregations. They think that they are above the law as can be seen in the info Barbara Anderson has compiled. They have done things like this many times (Mexico / Malawi ) for one. I was appalled to see that they put out a gag order for payment. I totally allow the critism and and questioning and have consistently raised it with family on this issue. I seriously doubt that it will be discussed at meetings unless they are forced to do so by exposure and then they will say that they were somehow falsely accused (SPIN). Most elders know nothing of such information they are lemmings and can not think for themselves although they think they are open minded. My pleasure. PM if you want to discuss further.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit