...if the WTBTS Banned Liquor...

by BabaYaga 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I'm telling your right now it will never happen. One of the requirements to be a Bethellite is to drink. And thats just if you are an elder in the Service Dept.

The GB drinks too. So they won't outlaw it.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Drinking is one of the few outlets that those guys have. Heavy drinking was very prevalent in our congregation too. You had to be very smashed for anyone to notice.

• llbh
    llbh

Ni Baba Yaga,

No chance will they ban it, though on a personal level I drink a lot less since leaving,

llbh

• Fleur
    Fleur

Then there was the time that my PO FIL got so drunk that he and another elder started telling judicial committee stories at a huge family get-together. . .most of the others sat there and listened to the gossip.

I left the room, trying to keep my dinner down and stayed outside, by myself, the rest of the night asking myself how the hell these people qualified to be ministers of anything, to anyone.

essie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Lot`s of heavy weight JW Drinkers in Canada too..It`s Obviously not a local problem.....Ban Booze and JW`s will do it on the sly..It`s their only way to deal with an unhappy life...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit