R.F. Update(shorter this time, I promise)

by R.F. 11 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

Hello all, Robert here.

I just wanted to keep you updated on my current situation.

As many of you know I was finally deleted as a MS and Pioneer. Now i'm hardly receiving any contact from the local JWs. However, one elder has been giving his all in contacting me in the last couple of days. I knew by his authoritarian tone and the frequency of calls that he wasn't checking on my well-being. He never cared much about me to begin with.

Anywho, something was telling me to let my sister know about this. Well come to find out, she told me that she doesn't like the congregation and sees why it's number of members are dwindling. By the way, my sister never was baptized, she only studied with a pioneer sister for quite a while, never making any "progress" after that.

The elders like to try to reach me through my family when it's obvious that I avoid them. Sis said that they better not try contacting her AT ALL. I also told her that I was avoiding them and she understands why completely! I was surprised about that! There are some congregation members that she herself doesn't like and avoids.

There was also a tad little bit of info I forgot about. A couple years ago, I caught sis online reading apostate material. I didn't even care back then. The funny thing about this is the fact that mom went in the room and started reading as well. Of course, before she started reading, she was saying how it's probably a bunch of lies, but as she sat in front of the computer screen she was in complete silence as she read. I was shocked that both of them even read it in the first place.

Even though that has taken place before, I don't want to tell them just yet about me true feelings about the entire organization. I'll let time reveal to me as to how I will handle that.

As for me, i've been in a much chipper mood lately. I had been very down about alot of things, but as many of you have reminded me, i'm going through a grieving process after so much that has happened in recent months.

I'll also mention again the mini-apostafest we had had here in the Little Rock, AR area. So many good laughs that I needed, and I hope to meet many more of you in person eventually.

Ok so perhaps this update isn't much shorter than the others, but thanks for reading anyways.

Robert

• changeling
    changeling

OK... I can't even read your post...what is up with you and sweetface and the avatar switcharoo? It's seriously messing with my head!

changeling

• KW13
    KW13

Thanks for keeping us updated and i am glad some of the 'ties' are being broken, you deserve happiness and more importantly freedom.

Congratulations!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ya!! what is the deal with sweetface's avatar?

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

The sweetface/avatar thing is creeping me out also. This place is getting too weird for me lately.

• BFD
    BFD

RF you're freaking me out.

BFD

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

RF:

what is weirder?...you using sweetfaces pretty avatar or me using a snake avatar? lol.... I think we are agreed its confusing.

And the Little Rock mini fest was nice...I think purps kept it small so we would have a chance to do what we did...actually talk to everyone there... kept things simple too. I was thinking about that with the mini-Toronto fest going on today...less people means more chance to talk...

Maybe next time the ArkansasFest will widen the net a bit.... or maybe we can have one here in the St. Louis area...

As for your ongoing story... I was glad when you told me that the idiot BOE in your (former) congo finally deleted you... that is still a bit weird to say after spending years "encouraging" pushing young brothers to accept "privileges" heavy congregation burdens. Thankfully you learned freedom at a young age. Good to count you as a friend.

Snakes ()

I tried to post this earlier, but the board kept erroring out..

BTW....I will be posting my own update mid Nov. when I get back from vacation (yep, where in the world is Snakes this time?) A lot going on with JW mom and (soon to be former) JW friends......not all of it good..... but freedom to think and live is still so worth it.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Why is everyone so freaked out about the avatar???

KW13, it truly is nice to get freedom. I just never knew how much I was missing in the last few years.

Snakes, it's weird that you mention it as my "former" congregation. That really makes more sense now. When I run into many local Dubs now it seems that i'm no longer part of the congregation. They don't really have much to say to me.

A St. Louis area Apostafest sounds like a great idea. If it was planned i'd definitely give it a shot at attending.

R.F.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Because it's a freaky thing to do.

• JK666
    JK666

R.F.,

I am glad that the fade is progressing nicely. It's also cool that your family checks out the internet, and that your sis is cool. Hang in there, maybe they will all get out.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit