Why Post on JWD if not from JWism?

by journey-on 27 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

I've noticed lots of people posting here that have never been witnesses. Since the nature of this forum is mostly about

the issues and problems ex-JWs face and about keeping an eye on developments within the WT org, why would anybody

want to post here that doesn't have that frame of reference? Just curious, not judging at all, but wonder why anybody

would be interested in posting when they've never had the JW experiences?

• blondie
    blondie

Some are dating jws (or df'd jws)

Some are married or living with jws

Some have family members who are jws

Some work with people who are jws

And are confused or curious about what they believe and do

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I am one of those people.

I had been studying theology for a few years AND accepting all the JW lit (thinking it was Christian)... anyway, I always spoke with the JWs and understood the verses that they quoted.

I could never understand why they kept knocking - even though I said I was a Christian already.

Then I got a tract from them, telling me that I was going to die at Armageddon.

So I decided to delve a little deeper.

THERE IS A LOT MORE TO IT... but that is all I can say on here for now.

The bonus is that as I have never been a JW, I can never be called an apostate... I have to settle for "opposer".

• Honesty
    Honesty

Some have been contacted by JW's who pounded their front door down one Saturday morning and want to know why the fruitcakes are so persistent.

They GOOGLE JW, get this board and find out all kinds of stuff about them.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Some are/were studying, come here to investigate and I guess enjoy the comraderie. :)

-Aude.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Some of us have had similar experiences.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I brought this subject up because sometimes it feels odd to me. It's kind of like..it's okay to air your dirty laundry

in front of others with the same dirty laundry, but a bit uncomfortable when it's someone else. I might open up to

a fellow ex-witness and expose a certain quirk about myself because I feel they understand where I'm coming from. But to

do it in front of a "worldly" person (ha..ha..sounds prejudice) makes me feel vulnerable and uncomfortable. Does

anyone understand what I'm saying? It's like as soon as I find out they haven't lived it, I pull my personal covers around

myself and clam up.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I can pass as a dub though... Considered joining at one time !!!

I understand what you are saying. Most people here have been in the same boat... and so there is a sort of "you've been through it too" ethos.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Some are here to support those that have been through these experiences. There is one particular poster here that has been a tremendous supporter to me in recent months and has never been a JW.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

The Witnesses are active in our neighbourhood and I want to be ready to help any who are doubting to see the problems with "God's organization". I have studied with them for a year, grown to love them, and am interested in the developments in the cult.

I enjoy the lively posts, and know Mouthy personally.

My mom was raised in a cult (different name, same results). I have experienced first hand the pain of loved ones being DF'd, the emotional unstability, the alienation. I am ready to lend a listening ear of love to any who need it.

As a Christian, I sometimes get a chance to offer a different perspective on Bible interpretations, etc.

That's why I come to JWD...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit