Dad refuses blood...

by lisaBObeesa 15 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I would say that you should at least try to talk with the doctors to get a picture of what the situation is really like.

Reminds me of how luck Mary was a few weeks ago when faced in a similar situation.

• yknot
    yknot

Here are some ideas

Have your Dad speak to NY (under contacts at jw-media.org) . I recently had a Sister ask about blood issues, and she was told that the official reponse is all medical blood is a "matter of conscience"

Have a doctor/nurse explain that he has already been transfused via his IV. Nurses look for a "flash" of blood to know that they are in the vein, the blood is pushed back into the patient (transfused) when administering IV solution.

Ask about Acute normovolemic hemodilution

noblood.org has some suggestions

If all else fail contact HLC and demand they full explain all the allowances, make them do their job and seek ways to save your Dad!

Pray

Praying for your family

Y

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

I think you should go be with him.

• Happy Harvester
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

my feeling is that you should get on the first plane you can find a seat on and go see your dad. While you are there talk to the doctors about blood fractions, and if the local JWs interfere tell them to get the latest info for you to share with the doctors. Of course, I don't know all the details and I'm not you, so this is just the opinion of a stranger. Just the same, you ought to go see him.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I'm so sorry that you're having to experience this.

I went through the same thing maybe 3 months ago when my mother had to have surgery in her abdominal area =. From the way the surgeon was describing the problem she was having, severe blood loss was very much guaranteed. He even said he wished my mother wasn't a JW(she's not baptized by the way) and would take blood. Even though she lost alot during the surgery, it was built back up to normal now.

Very scary situations are what these are. I hope that your father will end up alright and that you can remain strong during all of this.

R.F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit