I'm in a position to make a very difficult decision...

by FreedomFrog 44 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Wait, you have a car payment but no health insurance? Hello! Why is this even a difficult decision? Get rid of the car, take the car payment money and put it into savings, if you saved for two years and something happened to the Sturn you would have enough money to buy another used car without having car payments. If you can't keep up with the basic bills you can not and should not have a car payment, D you not remember posting about not having enough money to feed your kids? GET RID OF THE CAR PAYMENT YESTERDAY.

Lola

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    You've got an '04 and you've already got ALL THOSE REPAIRS!?

No, it's the Saturn...lol. The '04 is basically perfect besides the payment...lol

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Wait, you have a car payment but no health insurance? Hello! Why is this even a difficult decision? Get rid of the car, take the car payment money and put it into savings, if you saved for two years and something happened to the Sturn you would have enough money to buy another used car without having car payments. If you can't keep up with the basic bills you can not and should not have a car payment, D you not remember posting about not having enough money to feed your kids? GET RID OF THE CAR PAYMENT YESTERDAY.

Lola

Lola, I didn't "chose" to have a car payment...the divorce caused it.

I understand that you don't know all the facts and I can see a person looking at this situation wondering "stupid girl, what is she thinking." I am not legally bind to that car now. My situation has recently changed (like just yesterday) to where I can get rid of the Taurus at the same time getting a different car that will get me out of this mess. I only came on here to get others opinions to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid. My first reaction was TAKE THE CAR NOW and run....but I had to force myself to say...no, make sure this IS a wise decision. I have been trying to make decisions well informed and not just jump at supposedly a better deal. In fact, a few things have been said on this thread that made me aware of things that I didn't think about and need to check out. The "difficult" part of the decision is even more detailed but I'm not going to go into it on this forum.
  • FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    D you not remember posting about not having enough money to feed your kids? GET RID OF THE CAR PAYMENT YESTERDAY.

Edit to add: Yes I do remember...and yes I don't have enough money to feed my kids properly and again my situation has changed to where I'm now not bind. Just crossing all my my T's and dotting my I's here making sure I don't get us into a worse situation.

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Saturns are horrible cars - make sure you have made arrangements to deal with lots of repairs....I know this from experience. I take good care of my cars and bought into the "made in America" hype. It was the worst car I ever owned and the only one I bought brand new. I know of a few other people at work that had the same bad experience as me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit