Any cigar smokers in here?

by marmot 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• marmot
    marmot

I don't like cigarettes all that much (even though I actually TRIED to take up the habit, I found out I don't have an addictive personality - same reason why I'm not a coffee person either) but I do enjoy a nice cigar.

Notice I said a NICE cigar, not those nasty chemically-flavored things that taste like froot loops and smell like a crotch fire. I'm talking about a nice cuban Monte Cristo or a real leaf-wrapped cigarillo.

I enjoy the aroma and the ritual involved in smoking one, and the little bit of nicotine is relaxing especially if it's combined with a dram of single-malt scotch.

Granted there are health concerns but I believe this is mitigated by simple moderation. If you think about it, a summer barbecue is a cancerous death-trap what with all the carcinogenic charcoal-seared fatty meat and UV radiation and cirrhosis-inducing cold beer, but you don't have a barbecue every single day. Same goes for cigars, IMHO.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You're in good company, marmot.

Check this thread... CIGAR AFICIONADOS?

• horrible life
    horrible life

I don't smoke them, but my JW, pious pustule, brother, went through his sons closet, found a small box of momentos, and found a "It's a Girl" cigar, that a co-worker had given my nephew. The kid was 17, and still in high school, going to every meeting.

He kicked him out, onto the street. Wouldn't you like to savor, a year-old "It's a Girl" cheap cigar?

• BrentR
    BrentR

I use to burn a stogie several years ago until it started to irritate my sinuses real bad. Most of the time it was Arturo Fuente robustos, Macanudo and Montecristo (Cuban). A friend of mine in Australia had a brother that owned a smoke shop so he kept me supplied with Cubans. He would ship them w/o the rings so customs would not know the country of origin. I had enough to keep my friends well stocked also.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Do blunts count?

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I enjoy one every once in a while. Mostly I'm a pipe smoker,though.

Bought my first humidor a few weeks ago. I just got done preparing it to store some cigars and my pipe tobacco

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I have recently been introduced to the joys of cigar smoking.

I have only smoked three of them, but it was enjoyable.

Moderation is certainly the key. I don't expect to be getting a copy of a lung x-ray revealing a pair of lungs riddled with black cancer any time soon.

The scotch combination is a delight.

• BrentR
    BrentR
    Do blunts count?

Technically they do. They certain don't smell as good though!

Cyd099, Don't by humidor liquid, it's just iodine and distilled water. You can make your own and save some bucks.

• memario
    memario

I have to say I'm a newbie at it, but I do enjoy the flavoured cigarellos with a good cup of "timmys" coffee. I got me a craving just thinking about it!

I'll be right back!

mem

• BrentR
    BrentR

I used to grow my own tobacco and roll my own stogies. Believe it or not you can grow tobacco in WA state. I even grew some under shade cloth for wrappers.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit