my JW boyfriend wants reinstatement. What do i do

by worldly girl81 74 Replies latest social relationships

• jgnat
    jgnat
    i just hope that if he does reinstate, he'll take the time to explain the religion to me, i would consider converting for him. i hope he wouldn't just dump me.

Oh, jessica. You have no idea what you are suggesting. The Watchtower society is a cruel and demanding religion. When my future JW husband dated me we had long talks about religion; but he never suggested I convert for his convenience. I love my self and who I am too much to make myself over for anyone else.

Please, love yourself more. And rent the movie, "Stepford Wives" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327162/

• un_girl_ch
    un_girl_ch

Hi there, I am pretty much in the same situation here as the Wordily girl(minus the children). My boyfriend is an ex JW – His ex wife cheated on him – they divorced. Then after sometime he started seen a non jw girl and got disfellowshipped for that and is family hasn’t spoken to him in 7 years. It is a very hard and difficult situation; I have been researching a lot about the cult and trying to ask inquisitive questions to get him to think critically… We have been together for 6 months and we love each other very much. The problem is that he started attending his meetings and wants to be re-instated. The problem is that I have no religion and neither have a desirer of having one, but the elders in his congregation already sent the message that they want to meet me, hence asap… To top it up, I work for one of the UN agencies… Help…

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

To those dating a JW:

Tell him as you have listened to him about the JW religion, you want both of you in turn to listen to an alternative viewpoint. You want to see both sides of the story. Buy Crisis of Conscience and read it together. I doubt he will want to go back, but if he does cut your losses and run.

To the other posters: I've not been here for a while (again!), so what is this 2 year fraud thing?????

xxx Ben

• harleau
    harleau

I say congratulate him for wanting to go back. Good choice, Brother. The world is ending and those of us faithful to Jehovah will survive.

• BIG D
    BIG D

HARLE...........

if you truly believed that, you wouldnt be here, it is a df offense to commnicute with those here dfd or apostste, if you are a good jw , turn yourself in, or does the rules of the jw not apply to you? make a decision and live with it!!!!!!!!!

big d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit