have you ever known a apostate to "Wake Up"?

by inkling 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

In my late teens, i wandered off into 'the world' in search of happiness. Tried the partying thing, and a couple of other things. Got into trouble. When i got out of it, i thought that the wt was right, afterall, and went back. After that, i was a loyal, zealous jw for the next 35 yrs, or so. It's too bad that i never deprogrammed doctrinally, while i was out. I'm sure i would have stayed out and lived my life a lot differently.

S

• zack
    zack

Yes. He is a Bethelite and Gilead graduate. He is now a missionary in an Asian island nation. I am not sure he "woke" up, but he did leave because of doctrine.

He and his wife seem happy enough doing what they're doing.

• undercover
    undercover

I knew one guy who DAd himself and considered himself "apostate". He then tried to reverse witness to the JWs he knew by bringing other kinds of ministers to their doors on Saturday afternoons.

Looking back, its kinda funny to remember the dubs talking about how they wouldn't answer their door whenever he called on them. Now they know how it feels...

Anyhoo...after a period of this, he then joined the Mormons. Then after a couple of years of that he became disillusioned with them and came crawling back to the KH. It took him a full two years to get reinstated, but he eventually was welcomed back. At first everyone was overjoyed at having him come back. But then some of us more cynical types realized that this guy was a sandwich short of a picnic. Even though he was reinstated and coming to meetings, he went off on weird tangents about aliens and microchips inbedded in our skin by the government.

Its obvious that he wasn't "apostate" in that he figured out the BS of the WTS. He was "apostate" in his own delusion way and continued to trade one delusion for another.

• TD
    TD

So, It seems unimaginable to me, but has it ever happened?

It does happen sometimes. William Schnell is probably the best example. (I don't believe he was allowed to come back though...)

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Once the wet wollen toque has been pulled off of your face and you see the light of day, for perhaps the first time - why would you ever go back?

Not to offend the mentally challenged, but the only way one would ever go back is if they were crazy at some level. Extreme depression perhaps?

Or you might end like that guy in the Matrix who made a deal with Smith to actually GO BACK in to the Matrix.

He preferred the fantasy world of the Matrix to the challenges of the REAL WORLD.

Cypher:

"I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss."

Of course, Cypher was a complete idiot.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Those of us who left the cult over doctrinal and logical differences and went to Jesus are not apostates.

The Watchtower cult leaders have twisted the definition of 'apostate' to further their own selfish agenda.

• sspo
    sspo

In 3 decades never seen anyone coming back and accepting the "truth" again.

• jam
    jam

I feel the word apostate is correct. We who have discovered the real truth are speaking out against their truths. I have never met someone that have found the real truth and went back. You have the ones who are in and out because thay never did the research. these are the ones that will defend the borg. , they will go back some day when he or she can get it togather. The lost souls, everything that go wrong in his life, it,s because he left the truth. These are the very unhappy ones. It,s very sad because they are the ones that have little knowledge of the faith they are trying too defend.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Once you've seen the man behind the curtain, it's pretty hard to go back to being afraid of the Wizard.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Basically NO...

It is hard to go back in the Watchtower. Specially when you realize the fraud that is behind in this American cult.

I can't tell regarding other countries, but in my country those who left WT they never went back.

When I was facing the delemma between my Christian freedom and keeping the family together when I had to appear over a judical commitee for apostasy, the decision was hard and the price very high, and I had no doubts what I would choose.

I knew that even if I "forget"my apostatic ideas, and compromise , things whould have been worsed. First I had to teach my children WT's "truth" and then show that I believe in FDS and their crap theology. Elders whould have visit me often to be sure that I have "clean"my mind regarding apostate teachings. My own wife would act as a spy for the WT and the elders, since she was the one who turned me in for apostasy!!! So I knew I have to go way. Running way from your problems is not a solution, but in this case you have no other way but leave.

Going back there it would be a living hell...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit